I'm just a youngster god on Delos- Chapter 1

Thanks for reading my last chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. Most chapters will be much longer, because well the last one was just the prolouge. As I forgot to say it earlier, all the Percy jackson Pjo/hoo characters and backgrounds belong to Rick Riordan, but this plot belongs to me thank you very much! Give any suggestions and constructive criticism on this chapter. Enjoy...

Perseus POV:

            "Pull your right arm back more. Move your feet closer together, and straighten your stance. Make sure you front leg toes are pointing the target. Make sure you hand is more pulling the bow than actually gripping it." Said my sister Artemis, as she helped me improve my archery. I did not have the natural skill, like my brother and sister Apollo and Artemis had found on this island of Delos. "Don't loose focus Perseus. Strengthen your legs, and steady your arms. Take a deep breath. Focus. Take a breath in..... then a breath out, and slowly release and follow through."

           I did as Artemis instructed, and released. The wooden arrow missed miles from where the target in the tree. My sister let out a noise of frustration, "Ugh Perseus! I do not understand! You have everything right! The perfect stance, the perfect grip, the perfect bow even. Yet you still manage to miss the close tree! I could hit that in my sleep, hundreds of yards away! You know, you cannot blame this on experience, dear brother. I am only decades if minutes older than you." My sister like looked at me accusingly.

             "Look! One, I was born like 10 seconds after Apollo your exaggerating it. And two, archery is just not my thing. The stance and grip, and everything you say is right is all so unnerving and uncomfortable and unnatural for me! Sister, I thank so much for spending your time and teaching me, I really do, but I am no good at archery. Unlike you guys I can't hunt, have skill with wilderness, I suck at building and working at the forge, my battle plans are not the best, and I assure you I have no gift of prophecy. And I definitely cannot sing. I can't get nothing right.. Sure, I love wielding the sword but I am little good at it!" I exclaimed. Its true though. I love my mother, sister and brother but I am not like them.

            At this Artemis's face softened, "Perseus, you are being modest. As for sword fighting, you could beat any war god in minutes! You are always to modest for your own good. But to be honest, Perseus you are not a child of Poseidon. I do not know why you love the ocean so much. How has swimming taken such a part in your life?."

            I blushed a little. Trust me, I am not nearly as good as she says. Together we walked toward our home at the edge of the island. We went a little aways from our home and sat down on the beach side by side. I looked at the sunset. It was so beautiful. The pink, oranges, and blues swirled together, as the sky was alive with colors and the sounds of birds singing lullaby's to their young, of each and every animal in the forest behind us got ready to retire for the night. Gods, I sound like a poet don't I. "Artemis, isn't the sunset so alluring tonight?" I asked, smiling as a light breeze tickled my face. Artemis laughed and smacked the back of my head in a teasing gesture. Hopefully. "Ohh Perseus. What is it with you and sunsets and sunrises. I think that the night is the best time. Every noise has stopped as the moon looks over us all mysterious and mystical. The whole world is faintly lit up by its powerful presence."

            As we sat there in the tranquility of Delos we heard a rustle of trees behind us and immediately went into alert. I relaxed when seeing my brother Apollo as Artemis grimaced. Over my sun kissed, blue eyed, dirty blond haired, white teeth, smiling and whistling brother, was a large stag. 

            "Oh dear brother and sister, I do not know what you are talking about but honestly the daytime is much better. The sun it out covering the whole world with happiness. Then everyone is awake and enjoying life. Plus they get a taste of my good looks." Apollo said. Artemis looked at him annoyingly, "Well you are wrong dear brother. The mortals must hate the day." Artemis said dryly. I gave my sister a small glare, I have been told by my mother that my glares are rather frightening and that I should smile more instead. It was always my job to keep the peace between my siblings. They love each other, but do not see eye to eye. For instance, Apollo always calls himself the bigger brother for he loves protecting and teasing Moonbeam (Artemis) even though he knows well enough, he is younger. Artemis hates it.

            Moonbeams eyes strayed to the stag lapping Sunrays (Apollo) shoulder. "You got good game today didn't you brother. Was hunting good?" Apollo grinned, "It was excellent, and I think our luck calls for a limerick!" Artemis and I groaned, me more playfully than her. Sunray thinks limericks have been the best things since food. I personally believe not much is better than food.

"I Have caught a wonderful stag

Right here in my very hands

It's strong

It's not wrong, but fat

When it sees me it's already dead by this man!"

           Apollo announced. "That was pretty good wasn't it! All the Nymphs were fanning over me so I sang it for them!" Apollo said happily. Artemis glared at him "it was terrible". "Poor nymphs." I snickered inaudibly. When I looked over I saw my siblings in a glaring match. I looked over at the sky, night fading over it. "Well Moonbeam, Sunray, I thunk we ought to get to the cottage. It's getting quite late, and Mother will be getting worried, and I do not want that. Beside I am hungry." I said moving in ahead I heard Artemis mumbling, "Boys are always hungry." I also heard Apollo snorting "Mama's boy" I also heard him receive a sharp slap and smirked.

           " Hello mother, we're baaaaack" Apollo stated in a singsong voice. Then out of our small yet cozy kitchen came Leto, our amazing mom. She is one if the best people on the world. One of the best people who have the worst luck. It saddened me to realize how much suffering mother had to go through to give birth to me and my siblings. She did not even get recognition from Olympus. That is something that will change once me, Apollo, and Artemis become part if the council in sometime. Not much longer away. I looked at my sister and brother. I bet 100 darchamas that one of them at least will become some type of god of archery. I honestly do not know what I would become god of. No matter what my family says I don't have many talents. I was shortfell on my train of thought when my mother asked me something.

            "Any better in archery today? Maybe you caught something?... Hey Persues" I looked up "huh" I swear I could hear hear Artemis rolling her eyes while setting up plates and mats next to me. Then she answered for me. "No mother. I really do not understand. Everything he does it perfect. It is almost guaranteed he will shoot the target but he never does." "It's true Ma, I can't seem to get anything right." Leto got up from her cooking pot and embraced me in a warm hug. "Persues, you know that is not true. Besides you just need to find your fields of power and you will have a easier time doing that in the real world, not on Delos." I shrugged as my mother went back to cooking.

            I could faintly hear Apollo singing a tune I did not recognize. After dinner Apollo and me went to our room as Artemis went to hers to sleep for the night.

———-

          So what did you people think.  Anyhow, comments and suggestions are welcomed as always. Do you guys think I should make the chapters longer. Any plot twists I should add? You tell me. Thanks for reading I hoped you enjoyed. Byeee

            -RuRu_bookreality out