7. You're Undead to Me

Start from the beginning

A genuine smile spread across her face at hearing this; he really was the good brother. "Well, thank you. I appreciate it." He smiled at her and asked, "so why aren't you at school?" She raised an eyebrow and asked, "I could ask you the same question. You haven't been in school for days. Is everything okay?" He chuckled and said, "yeah, I had to deal with Damon." Her face fell at the mention of his brother and took a deep breath asking warily, "has he been causing you some trouble?" Stefan shrugged in response, "He's still on vervain and locked up, but I was just a bit worried that he would hurt Zach."

She nodded and sighed, "do you want a ride to school?" Stefan answered, "sure that would be great, thanks." "I'll just go get my stuff. You don't have to stand out there." She said as she walked off to get her bag. Stefan only leaned against the threshold and called out with a slight smile, "yeah, I'm fine." She hadn't exactly invited him in so he couldn't go past the invisible barrier. Allison walked back to where Stefan was and looked at him with a confused expression on her face as she saw him pretty much leaning against thin air. "What are you doing?"

Stefan realized then that she didn't know everything about vampires. "You have to invite a vampire in for them to come into your house." Allison's eyes widened and her only response was, "oh right, duh. Though I don't know if I should let you in. Nothing personal, well, actually you're a vampire so it is kinda personal..." she said with an awkward smile, "you get what I mean." Stefan chuckled at her rambling and said, "It's fine, don't worry. Let's go." 

The two walked over to her car got in and drove off. Allie put some music on and Bon Jovi's 'You Give Love A Bad Name' started playing. She turned to Stefan and said, "I love this song so much." He nodded, "me too, there a good band." He said as he was reminded of a good friend of his. He saw Allison's smile widen and nod in agreement as she kept her eyes on the road.

She began humming to the song and Stefan laughed until they passed Elena's house and his face fell. Allison sighed and asked, "So, I heard that Elena's upset with you." Stefan sighed, nodded and told her, "yeah, you heard?" Allison grunted in response, "how could I not? I'm her best friend, and the one she's been complaining to." Stefan looked disgruntled and shook his head, "so how upset is she with me?" "Well, she says she's not upset, but I know her too well to know that that's not the case." She came to a stop light and her face fell slightly with guilt. "I feel guilty for lying to her." Allie mumbled.

Stefan looked at her and immediately he felt guilty and awful too, but not for lying to Elena. He felt guilty for getting Allison involved. "You shouldn't feel bad, you were only trying to protect her and Caroline. If anyone should be feeling guilty it's me for getting you involved." He admitted. Allison averted her eyes back to the road as the light went from red to green and continued to drive denying Stefan's words. "No, I'm the one who found out about vampires, it was just a one way road from there. It's my fault for getting involved." She said as they pulled up into the school parking lot.

Allison and Stefan got out of her car and she locked it as they began walking towards the school entrance. As they walked down the corridor they spotted Elena talking to Bonnie. Allie turned to him and saw him staring at her with remorse on his face. She smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder, "hey, just go talk to her Stefan okay, tell her that you'll explain later at the Grill." She insisted. Stefan looked at her with uncertainty, "I don't know if that's such a good idea." He told her. She rolled her eyes. "Oh come on. It'll be okay." She encouraged.

Stefan smiled genuinely at her and saw just how good of a friend she was, even to him even though they barely knew each other. He liked her, and he nodded as they both began walking towards Elena and Bonnie. "Hey." Stefan said to Elena. Elena turned at the sound of his voice and she had to do a double take when she saw Allison walking up next to him. What was going on? She thought.