Reckless - Chapter Seven

Începe de la început

Even if his band isn’t paying attention, the lead singer bends down and reaches out to the group of girls that are extending their hands and yelling at him. The girls scream even louder when he touches their hands, and I’m pretty sure that I saw one faint.

Those are definitely the fan girls. The girls who don’t exactly like the music, but they like the lead singer… maybe, a little too much. With that thought, I roll my eyes.

At that precise moment, the singer looks up and locks eyes with me. Mine widen as I realize who the person is.

Nash?” the name slips from my tongue as a question. I’m shocked and utterly speechless. Nash is the lead singer in his band? Why didn’t he tell me this?

“What?” Melanie asks. She looks away from the bar to where my gaze is focused. “Oh, isn’t that Nash? You didn’t tell me he sang.”

I break the eye contact with him, and turn to face her, “I didn’t know that part.”

The music finishes, and I hear a loud scream coming from the stage area. Within a few seconds, I feel a new, warm presence near me. Melanie has a huge grin on her face as she looks at the person behind me.  

“Did you enjoy the show?” a smooth, familiar voice echoes behind me, giving me goose bumps.

I swivel around in the bar stool, to stare at him, “It’s not my style, but yeah… it was good. Also, I didn’t know you sing, Nash.”

“Did I forget to mention that?” he asks, more to himself.

“Uh, yeah… you did actually.”

A cough comes from behind me, and I turn around to see Melanie giving me a look that practically screams ‘Are you going to introduce me?’

“Oh, uh. Nash, Melanie. Melanie, Nash,” I gesture between the two.

She reaches out her hand and he shakes it. He stares at her for a few seconds, a look of contemplation on his face. His eyes light up with recognition.

“I know who you are now,” he says. “You also work at the Black Star.”

“Yeah I do; I think I’ve seen you around before too,” I turn to glare at her; what a total liar.

He laughs, “I mean, you probably have. I’m there almost every weekend.”

Melanie is about to respond when loud shrieks interrupt her.

“Oh my God, Nash! You were amazing up there.”

“You, like, are so hot.”

“Can I have your number?”

A group of, very fake, blonde girls are surrounding Nash and bombarding him with compliments and questions. Instead of looking surprised or flustered, he looks quite calm.

“Hello ladies,” he says, his voice sounding seductive.

All three girls are in a sort of swoon state as they notice he is talking to them.

“Can we like, take a picture with you?!” Blondie number one says, raising up her phone.

“Oh my gosh! Like, that would totally be awesome!” cries Blondie number two.

“After the picture, will you give me your number?” is all Blondie number three asks.

I roll my eyes at her insistence. Is she really that desperate? I take that moment to see what they are wearing. I nearly laugh out loud. If I thought that I stuck out like a sore thumb, then these girls were ten times worse.