(5)Thanks for the tat

Comenzar desde el principio

Stuck up much?

Regardless of his attitude I do what he says and lift up arms and turn it over only to be struck frozen at the sight before me. "What. The. FUCK? You guys gave me a tattoo?!" I almost shrieked at them making Jace visibly wince as Isabelle smiles cheekily at me. "No, that's a rune." She explained before asking for my name.

"Camilla, Camilla fray" I replied slowly, my mind questioning whether giving them my actual name was a good choice. "Well Camilla, I'm Jace wayland, this is Alec Lightwood and we along with Isabell are Shadowhunter's" He said slowly, making me almost roll my eyes as if any of that clarified anything.

"Look Jace, you seem swell and all and I'm sure you're a nice guy but, excuse my French, saying you're a 'Shadowhunter' doesn't explain fucking anything, like at all" I express assertively as Isabelle grins at me and Jace smirks lazily, Alec looks like he wants to but I guess that stick up his ass prevents anything related to fun from happening.

Just as Jace opens his mouth to speak, I see Clary walk in, she seems calm and immediately rushes over to me and envelopes me into a huge hug before calmly sitting down next to me. I quickly notice the 'rune' on her neck and she sees my wrist one and sighs. "Guess there some supernatural shit happening here" She mutters humourlessly.

We both turn towards Jace ready to listen, "Go on"

"Let me break it down for you. All the legends are true. We're Shadowhunter's. We protect the human world from the demon world. So those people you saw murdered at the Pandemonium, they weren't people at all, they were shapeshifting demons." Jace explained slowly, his tone so casual as if he was just telling his mother's recipe for cookies or something.

"Well were not interested in some supernatural fight club... were just looking for our mum" I said hastily, throwing my legs off the side of the bed, preparing to leave. "You can't just go" Isabelle scolded lightly, the concern showing in her features and before I could reply his taciturn voice answered.

"I have to report this to the Clave." He stated, his voice void of emotions immediately making me glance upwards at him as Jace heaves a heavy sigh "You know what? Dial it down a notch." He exclaimed exasperatedly at Alec who was scowling. "My brother doesn't have a dial." Isabelle joked making me smirk slightly before she continued "I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on."

"I love you, too." Alec replied starkly before turning back to us and directing his question at Clary. "We need to know what happened when you got back to your house" I swirled my body around, ignoring the slightly rustiness of my joints and nodded for her to continue, knowing for a fact this is the part of the story I needed to know.

"Well, I got Simon to drop me off home after the club and I went in crying and told her what happened next thing you know mums not explaining anything she's just telling dot to prepare something and that someone's coming and she said that She stole something, something from someone very important and they were coming for it. Next thing I know she's telling me to only trust Luke and I'm getting pushed through some crazy shit and in the next second I'm outside the police station were Luke works." Clary explained, her eyes on me as they begin to glaze over as she whispers a quiet "That was the last time I saw her"

"Whose Luke" Alec asks and I stare at him "Luke's my mum unofficial boyfriend. He's been like a father figure to us for well for as long as I can remember." I reply and also notice the shocked look on Alec face at the fact I addressed him directly. "Yeah well, I thought we could trust him but we can't" Clary scowled making me snap my head towards her sharply, and hiss lowly "What do you mean?"

"I went to find Luke, when I got inside he was talking to this man. I heard him say that he doesn't care about us or mum. He wants the cup, the only thing he cares about is the damn cup and that he's leaving once he gets it" Clary barely chocked out almost instantly making a tear tumble messily from my eyes and drop my legs. I rapidly wipe away the traitorous tears before hurriedly standing up and facing Jace.

"This has been awesome and all, and thanks for the tat but we got to go. You know got to find my mum" I said my tone forceful making Jace's eyes widen. "You guys can't leave, were your only chance at getting you mum back" I ignored his voice of reason and turned my back to them to look at Clary.

"Cam, we can't go. They clearly know what's going on and now Luke's not trustworthy we have no one; we don't have a choice." Clary said with authority, but her eyes pleaded with me making me sigh in submission.

"Fine, but no one else is giving me another fucking tattoo"