SO EMOTIONAL

"Thomas." I whispered as I lay in my bed next to Thomas. I rested my tiny hand on his large muscular chest. He looked down at me smiling. 

"Yeah?" He asked. I giggled a little, last night I had done something I promised myself I would not do until I was betrothed. 

"I think I might be in love with you." I admitted like a school girl. I covered my head with embarrassment. I did not think he would reply back. He slowly pulled the blanket back and I looked up at him. 

"I think I might be in love with you too." Tommy smiled and we both kissed each other strongly. I slowly pulled away as we both sat up. 

"Is that emotions?" I asked him sarcastically and Tommy rolled his eyes. 

"Come here." He smirked and I just giggled as we kissed some more. He made me feel like a little school girl with their first crush. I got nervous and giddy when I was around him. It was shocking what love could do. I slowly pulled away and looked into his light blue eyes, I was thanking god everyday for those beauties. 

"Tell me something about you." I asked and Tommy thought very hard. 

"I have been in love before. She died." Tommy admitted bluntly but honestly. I was shocked, he had never once mentioned her. In a bad way, I was glad that he was opening up to me because he was very cryptic and closed. Even with me. 

"Oh Tommy, I am so sorry." I said sympathetically and I meant every single word of it. 

"Don't be, I moved on." Tommy replied. "Tell me something about you." He added and I sat up a little bit. 

"This scar, you once asked about, happened when I was in a shoot out with German Officers in England." I admitted and Tommy raised an eyebrow at me. I slowly nodded my head. 

"What happened?" Tommy asked me. I took a deep breath. 

"I killed four men that night. All I have done is remember the people, if they were fathers, brothers, uncles, sons. How the wives, mothers, sisters are feeling." I explained trying to hold back my emotions. I was getting so emotional. 

"We are broken, Clara." Tommy whispered and I nodded my head in agreement. There was no denying it. In a weird way, France changed us both. 

"I am glad I am not the only one going through this." I smiled weakly before I hugged into him some more. I felt safe and happy when I was in his arms, he was my anchor to sanity. 

___

I was wiping down some drinks at the Garrison as Grace went through the books. I had been feeling very ill this morning and I was actually sick a couple of times. Arthur walked in to the pub. 

"Arthur, there are some things in the books that I don't understand." Grace admitted and I was listening into their conversation. "Every week we pay one pound and ten shillings by postal order to a "Daniel Owen" in London." Grace continued. 

"Danny Whizz Bang, hangs round the pubs in Camden Town Wharf for us. He keeps his ears open for business. He's a good man." Arthur explained and I furrowed my eyebrows confused. 

"I thought Danny Whizz Bang was dead." Grace replied as Arthur walked past me to the register. 

"Then you thought wrong, didn't you?" Arthur smirked playfully as he took some money from the cash register. 

"But I've seen his grave. He was shot." Grace answered confused, as was I to be honest. How did he do it? 

"That was a show to satisfy the wops. Tommy just shot some sheep's brains at him." Arthur replied and I smirked impressed. My guy was pretty cool, I must admit.