Nine - The Sweetest Revenge (Part 1)

KARA

“Kara, do  you want to watch Spiderman?” Harlem asked me, her fork almost crushing the oreo cheesecake she bought a while ago.

“Huh? You serious?”

“Syempre no.”

Ok. What is wrong with her today? I mean, she was so against Andrew Garfield playing Spiderman tas ngayon she wants me to accompany her para manood?

“Naman no.…” sabi nya sabay wiggle ng eyebrows. “Plus, I’ve got you these!”  pinakita nya sa akin yung ticket para makapasok sa Ice Skating Rink at around 6pm kasi with special priveleges ka daw dun.

I smiled happily.

I used to skate kasi but had to stop because of my father. #familyissues

On Saturday morning, (yeaaah,  may class kami pag Saturday) just before I went to school, Harlem gave me the 2 tickets (one for cinema tas yung isa sa rink) and told me we would just meet at the cinema since she had to get some stuff from her mom’s boutique.

I arrived at the cinema half an hour earlier before our scheduled time. Harlem wasn’t there yet, so I just grabbed myself some popcorns, hotdogs and drinks and waited for her. Nung hindi na ako mapakali, I sent her a text message.

Teeh, where are you?! >.< Kapagod maghintay ha.

“I’ll be there soon. I won’t be late,” was her reply immediate reply.

Fifteen minutes later, when the first batch was already exiting the area and when Harlem was still nowhere to be found, I started to panic. So, I sent her another txt message.

She didn’t reply.

Minutes later, I was already falling in line. Asan na ba kasi yun?! >.< Naku, lagot yun saken mamaya.

And then just when I about to sit at an area I feel like I’ll be comfortable the most, may biglang dumating na babae tapos sabi nya may naka-reserved daw na seat para sa akin.Eto namang si ako, dahil di alam ang gagawin.. sumunod na lang sa kanya.

My seat was located in the middle, adjacent to another one, which I thought was Harlem’s. Ok, this is weeeeeird. :|

I sat there, feeling a little claustrophobic , wondering where the hell Harlem was. I leaned back on my backrest and closed my eyes, praying that she would make it to our supposedly ‘girls night out’ because I suddenly felt insecure at the thought of watching Spiderman by myself. What is ang kawawa ko naman pag nagkataon? </3

Then, just as the movie was about to start, I sensed movements in the adjacent seat, even hearing a sound of someone putting their drinks sa may parang arm ng upuan.