Nineteen - All Too Well

KARA

I can be so stupid sometimes, passing up a chance, an opportunity, of finding love. But that’s because I’m terrified of it. Love scares me. The idea of having someone to say goodnight to every night, good morning to the next day, it really scares me. Being so vulnerable, allowing someone to hold your heart in their hands, it is frightening.

"KARA-BANANA!" Teddy greeted as I entered the MedTech society boardroom. He placed down the Clinical Chemistry book he had been reading and settled beside me.

"So, I heard you guys are already dismissed." he says, his eyes full of envy. 

"We have to prepare kasi the relief goods and other things for our medical mission. We only had one class this morning. Hehe." I chuckled. "It’s a good thing we’re off early today.”

“Agh, you lucky creature…” Teddy frowned, looking at his Rolex wristwatch which read 12:45pm. He picked up his book again, sighing. "Grabe! Wala akong maintindihan dito." He says, pointing every printed word like a parasite. "I have exams at two o’clock and I haven’t even finished half of Chapter 9!" I was about to ask something more when I felt my phone vibrate.

===============

1 MSG RECEIVED

From: +63915*****

:)

==============

Staring at the message displayed on my phone, I scratched at my forehead furiously.  :| “Your skin’s coming off.” says Teddy.SINO NA NAMAN TO?! UGH.

"Sino ba yan? Na-freeze na ba credit card mo because you keep on buying headband and high heels?" Teddy laughed at his own words.

"Sira, hinde!" I exclaimed. "Kasi may unknown number na nagtext sa akin e! It's a smiley face. What the hell was that supposed to mean?"

I snapped my head up at Teddy who was now putting his book inside his bag. "Maybe, secret admirer mo and he's like, nagpapacute?" I grimaced, clearly not amused at the idea. That's so creepy beyond words. "Eww."

"Anong eww ka dyan? Girl," Teddy said with his usual curly voice matched with the intentional, cutesy blinking of his eyes, accentuating his overly-extended, mascaraed lashes.

 Itong baklang to. XD "What? Totoo naman ha!"

"Come on, Kara! You never dated any guy since Qen!"  

"I did! Ano ka ba. I dated Mario Maurer!But we never worked out, you know. Guess, we have so many differences." I said, trying to make my words sound plain like his, trying to sound cool and unaffected.Teddy shakes his head, "Kasi, gusto mo parin si Qen!" 

BOOM.

What is sapul. 

I crossed my arms in front of me. "OF COURSE NOT!" I blurted out so loudly that my voice reached the other side of the room. Teddy sealed his lips to keep himself from bursting out laughing. "I don't like him. I'm not sure if I did 'liked' him before. Pwede ba!"

"Of course you do!"

"Alam mo, marami akong hot na kaibigan. I even know one who can pass as Qen's twin e!"