Seven - The Defect of Heart Factory

HARLEM

                    "Maybe true love is a decision. You know, a decision to take a chance with somebody. To give to somebody. Without worrying wether they’ll give anything back. Or if they’re gonna hurt you, or if they really are the one. Maybe love isn’t something that happens to you. Maybe it’s something you have to choose."

He’s cute but he can be a jerk when he wants to.. He’s kind but can be mean sometimes, he’s good-looking but he’s a big epal at time------s

“Yo, Harlem, watyouwriting?” Jake asked, peering over my shoulder by the time he got home from school. It’s actually a list of pros and cons on why on Earth should I stop thinking that I liked you. I wanted to tell him.

I quickly covered my notebook, guarding it as if it were a treasure. “Invasion of privacy. Tangins! Ano ba Jake!”

“Ano ba kasi yan?”

Curiosity glazed his eyes as he arrested me with his stare.

“Wala. It’s just a list of what I wanted to do.” I assured.

“Sus. Eh ba't may He’s cute but he can be a jerk, he’s------” I quickly covered his mouth and shh-ed him to just drop it. “Eh,sabing wala. Ba’t ang kulit mo?”

“Weh? Para ka kayang baliw,kanina  you were smiling tas biglang simangot!” he said in a non-convinced voice.

“Aba, problema ko pa kung di ka maniwala?” >.<

“Sunget.” He pouted. Hahaha. Ewan lang nya. “You know.. I think..” He starts another sentence. Napatingin na lang ako sa kanya,

“You  think what?” I asked him. I closed down my diary and placed it on the vacant chair near me. Then I finally focused all my attention on him.

“I think… I—I might be in love with her,” Jake finally said, giving me a self-conscious smile before directing his gaze toward his shifting feet.

“Joke ba yan?!”

“Naman, Harlem e. T___T”

“Joke lang!” I say to him, slapping him lightly on the shoulder.

Gahh. I don’t even know what I’m saying.