"Follow me," He said, and started in what I assumed was the direction of the coffee shop. "How do I know you're not leading me to some murders apartment or like a orgy sex party?" I said, following anyway.

Micah turned around to me and smirked. "You don't. I guess you'll have to trust me. It's right there, anyway." The boy pointed to a building around 200 feet away. There were a few strands of string-lights hanging outside, as well as a few tables with people sitting at them.

It looked enough like a coffee shop, I guess.

Once we reached the door, Micah opened it for me. "Order whatever you want," he said, gesturing to the front counter. "Say you're with me. My brother's the one working the register. I'll join you in half a second." He stepped away to set his stuff down at a table, but I stopped him with my hand on his arm. I definitely did not think about how muscled he was. I was shocked, honestly.

"I'm putting my stuff down too." I put my school bag down on the closest table, laying my skateboard underneath. "I'll introduce you to my brother. Come on." Micah said.

As soon as the man at the register spotted the two of us, a wide, heart-shaped grin appeared on his face. "Micah! C'mere, bro!" He gestured us both over, giving Micah a dap, before looking to me. "And who's this? You gonna force me to give you both free drinks?"

"Uh, I can pay—" I started, slightly offended, but Micah interrupted me.

"No, you won't," Micah said. "Karlos, this is Wynter. I spilled milk on him the other day. Give him a break, please."

Micah brother paused, looking taking everything in, and sending me a raised brow look and then started laughing. "Seriously? It's the second time this has happened this month, Micah! And it's, what, the eighteenth? I'm starting to think you're worse than Hunter."

"Karlos," Micah interjected, having watched the exchange unfold, "Now is not the time to talk about the past. Can we order now?"

"Hah, yeah. Sorry." Karlos pressed a button on the register. "What can I get you guys? Family discount for you, Micah, and a free drink for Wynter for his sacrifice to the milk Gods."

"I'll get a banana milk smoothie. Won't spill it this time." Micah looked over at me.

"I, uh. What do you recommend?" I asked asked, ignoring Micah's gaze.

"Hmm," Karlos said, stroking his chin in thought. "I'd say the Vanilla bean latte, but do you like sweet things?" I nod. "Then go for the strawberry milk tea. It's sweet, in both meanings of the word."

Micah groaned. "Karlos, please not this time—"

"Nah. Let the man try it." I said, and Karlos entered the order into the register. "With discounts and everything, your order comes out to one dollar and ninety three cents. Don't you dare give me a coupon, Micah. I want to make at least a little money this week."

Grumbling, Micah pulled out two dollars and handed it over the counter. "Keep the change," he muttered, and pulled me back towards their table.

I, of course, followed behind like a dog. "That's your brother?" I asked once they sat down.

"Yep," Karlos muttered. "Do we look alike at all?"

"Not at all."

"Good. We're just half-brothers. His mom abandoned our dad a year after she had him, and then he got with my mom and had me. Then we grew up and now we're just doing our own thing." Micah leaned back in his chair and quickly pulled his phone from his pocket. I would have thought it rude, if he didn't follow up with, "Can I have your number?"

"Oh," I said. "Sure."

Declan did the same thing today with Taj at lunch. Talk about deja vu.

I slid my phone across the table, putting it away once Micah put in the contact and texted himself.

"So," Micah started, "Where do you go to school?"

"Redwood. It's not too far from here. How about you?" I said.

Micah avoided eye contact as he looked away, out of the window. "I'm not in school at the moment. It's really not my thing if you know what I mean."

"Ah, sorry. Did I make this weird?" I crossed my legs under the table, a habit when I'm anxious. "Oh nah." Micah grinned. "University isn't for everyone and I've learned to accept that it isn't for me. Besides, that shit is mad expensive."

"I understand. I feel the same way sometimes when I'm doing my calculus homework. I should show you some of the things we do the next time we hang out." I said.

"So we're hanging out again?" Micah asked. "So this is a first date?"

I nearly choked on my own breath. My cheeks flushing at how hopeful Micah sounded. "I mean, if you want. You don't have to call it that." I said.

Before Micah could reply, a barista, not Karlos, called out. "Micah! And...Spring?"

Micah's head hit the table in embarrassment. "I absolutely hate Karlos. I hate him. I despise every strand of DNA that we share." He growled and I chuckled at the fact that someone just called me spring.

I had no clue how to respond, so I wordlessly stood up with my face still red and walked to the counter. Micah picked up our drinks from the barista, and I thanked him, and sat the strawberry milk tea on the table in front of us. "These things straws are always hard to come out," he muttered.

I watched as Micah picked up the sealed straw packets and angrily opened it. Well, as angrily as he could, when holding a banana milk smoothie. "Finally," he grumbled, poking the straw in the drink and taking a sip.

Honestly, it was pretty adorable, but I didn't say anything and instead smiled and took a sip of my own drink.

••••
Excuse any mistakes or errors

How do you guys feel about Micah so far?

I'd let him smash my cakes to smithereens tbh