34 | The Premiere

Lou's fingertips gently running through my hair should be enough to soothe my racing mind

Lou's fingertips gently running through my hair should be enough to soothe my racing mind. Instead, my grip on the hand rests of my chair tightens with every section of hair she curls or pins back. I glance up at her in the mirror and she instantly gives me a reassuring smile when she catches me staring at her with my blue eyes wide in fear. She reminds me to take deep breaths as she steps back to admire her work so far and I attempt to do as she says, trying to keep my focus on my breathing as she steps forward with the curling wand once more.

The day has officially arrived, the day of the premiere.

It was over a month ago when Harry presented me with a bouquet of roses and a beautiful note asking me to be his date today, and I was both in shock and surprised. But of course, I accepted. I know that I will never forget that moment, seeing how relieved and happy he was when I said yes, and completely honoured that he would want me to be by his side on such a momentous day in his career.

Then I quickly came to realise just how significant today was going to be, filled with press, fans and photographers, watching and analysing all of our every moves. Harry has been incredibly patient with me and supportive leading up today, knowing how uneasy I can be in situations such as this. But it means a great deal to him for me to by his side today so I will be, no matter what.

Nerves have also grown apparent for the other boys and their girlfriends. For Niall and Eliza as well as Liam and Sophia, today will be their first official public appearances as boyfriend and girlfriend. It's a big deal for both couples, and it's always a little scary for one of the boys to present their girlfriend to the world and essentially the fans for the first time, wanting nothing more than for her to be loved and accepted just as much as they love her. I am also nervous for the four of them, but I know they are going to be okay.

And as it so wonderfully turned out, the news that Zayn and Perrie had for us the other night at Liam's house was that they were now engaged! We are all completely over the moon and insanely happy for them both. How they managed to keep it under wraps so far, especially from us, was beyond me. So today they will also be posing in front of the press on the red carpet but to show off the ring, and essentially announce their engagement.