17 - Release

I walk through the hall giving small smiles to people who look my way. Everyone looks so exhausted. I sit on a bench, alone, and look down at my arm. It's not only burnt now but there are cuts up and down it. I'm no were near as bad other people, and at least I'm alive. I'm tempted to go and find Draco but he told me to fight and just stay alive, so I feel like my best bet is to stay here for now.

A different familiar face spots me from across the hall, he smiles and walks over.

"Hey," Dean smiles at me and sits down on my bench.

"What is happening here, Dean? This is crazy."

He nods, "I know. It's awful but we're here and we're fighting and that's all we can do."

I look over at The Weasleys, Fred's body has been covered by a white sheet.

"I can't imagine what it feels like," Dean sighs, "George must be... I don't even know."

"It's disgusting."

"Are you okay?" He asks me, putting his hand on mine.

I shrug, "As good as I can be I guess."

"I saw him, by the way."

"What?"

"Draco. I saw him earlier. I know you have too. You can talk to me about him."

"Dean, I can't now. Not here, look around us again, I'm not going to be just lusting over a boy when this is going on."

"I mean, I think it's more than that. But okay."

We sit in silence for a while, just watching the clean up process, before the carnage starts again.

After some time, people start to quickly filter outside. There's noise and somewhat panic in the room. Dean and I look at each other confused but slowly stand and follow the rest of the group out of the hall and into the courtyard. Opposite us are the death eaters, standing and staring. What is going on? I stop walking but Dean continues forward, leaving me alone. I stand on one of the back steps, so I can still see over the heads of everyone in front of me when I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder. I spin around and it's Draco. He doesn't look at me, but his hand slowly trails down my arm and takes mine. He looks scared and upset and I wonder why he's standing on this side and not theirs.

Suddenly, there's a split in the group of death eaters and people are walking through. I see Hagrid first, carrying something, or someone and ahead of him is Voldemort. Draco must have just spotted him too as his grip on my hand tightens.

"Harry Potter is dead!"

I hear Ginny scream and run forward but she gets pulled back before she can get anywhere.

How could this have happened? All this effort for Harry to be dead? There's no way. I can't even listen to Voldemort's speech anymore. I lean into Draco, taking in this small moment with him, nothing will be the same anymore with Harry gone.

Suddenly, Draco shifts, I snap back into reality to see what's going on. From across the courtyard his parents are beckoning him over. There are so many eyes on him now. Slowly, I feel his fingers slip from mine. He glances at me briefly before stepping down the stairs across the courtyard. I can't stay now, what's the point. I turn around and walk back inside the castle and head into an empty corridor. Leaning against the wall, I take a deep breath and try to work out my next move. Or anyone's next move, what would happen now? I'm so tired from fighting and now I've lost Draco yet again. I could go back to Anas but I wouldn't be happy there, not really. I just don't know what to do anymore.

While I sit, I hear a commotion from outside, then suddenly the foot steps running to the corridor too. What? I jump up and head to a window to see what's going on. All I can see is flashes from spells being thrown and people running everywhere, it doesn't seem like this battle is over after all. I run through the corridor to get away from the noises but end up bumping into someone.

"Jasmine, you're okay." It's Harry. Alive?

"What? Of course I am, but you. You were dead, I saw you outside."

"Well, no. Well, yes. Okay, technically, I died but I wasn't dead, obviously. Draco's mum lied for me and now there's still a fight to be had."

"I can't believe it. I really thought you were gone." I smile, "But Draco's mum? Why would she lie?"

Harry shrugs, "I'm not sure. I let her know that Draco was still alive, and I guess it was a thank you. I owe her my life really, definitely."

I go to lean against the wall, Harry's alive, he could kill Voldemort now and I will be able to be with Draco again.

"Jasmine. Listen." Harry starts. "Thank you, so much for this. You came here and fought with me and that's all I could ever ask for. But you know, just as much as everyone else does that I have to be the one to kill him."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm telling you to go." He pulls my arm and embraces me in a hug. "Go and be with him."

I hug him tightly, "Thank you, Harry."

_________________________________________________

That's all for tonights update. Again, sorry it's been so long. Thank you so much for sticking by me and with this story. xxx