3 - Carrow Encounter

Hello!! So it's been a while I know. I originally said I was going to wait until July to publish anymore of this story. But I've decided to publish a few beforehand as I now have a backlog of chapters. So I thought it was best to share with you guys as you all keep asking me to update.

This is not going to be a daily thing just yet, but as I have said before I promise I will get going properly with this story again come July.

Thank you to everyone who is being patient and have stuck around. And thank you to the people who are still voting on my first story, 'Trust Me'.

Now, please enjoy the next chapter. I look forward to hearing what you guys think of it.

-----------------------------

Amycus Carrow is not a nice person. I take a seat with Dean as we entered Defence Against the Dark Arts and I'm immediately penalised for sitting with a Gryffindor.

"Why don't you move to your own house?" He sneers while standing over me, his hands flat down on my desk.

"Why should I?" I reply, surely they can't start separating the students this much, although I wouldn't put it past Snape to enforce such a vicious rule.

"But he is a Gryffindor and what more... a muggle born," he glares over at Dean who simply stares. "Although, Miss Gold, I have heard many stories and I am aware of your blood traitor parents and clearly that's rubbed off onto you." He gestures towards Dean one last time. He spins around and starts stalking back to the front of the class while he speaks once again, "Move or it will be a detention."

I look at Dean who looks back at me in confusion. I glance around the room to take in the colours of each person ties and robes, "There are other people sitting together who aren't in the same house you know!" I point to a Slytherin and a Gryffindor girl on a desk a few seats along.

Amycus looks over to them and then back at me. A smile broadening on his lumpy-looking face, "Oh well. Gold, move or detention."

I shake my head in disbelief, "Detention then, this is ridiculous. And don't think I won't go to Snape about this." I'm not sure why I said that, I know Snape won't care at all.

He chuckles, "See you here at 9 then," and with that he begins the lesson.

***

"You could have just moved, Jas. You didn't have to get into trouble because of me," Dean says as we walk out the classroom.

I shrug my bag further onto my shoulder, "Because of you? Dean, you didn't do anything. I'm going to talk to Snape about it."

"What now? But it's Muggle Studies next."

"I don't care, this is crazy and I'm not standing for it."

"Okay," Dean begins, "I'll see you in a bit then?"

I nod, "Yeah and try and save me a seat."

I storm down the corridors in order to get to Snape's office as quickly as possible; he's got no idea what he's got coming for him. As soon as I'm outside I begin fiercely rapping on the door, "Professor! I need to talk to you!" I shout through the oak. I continue to knock until the door swings open and Snape appears, looking over me.

"Miss Gold? First lesson finished and you already have an issue, well you better come in then." He stands aside so I can walk into the room, I wait until he's closed the door and is paying full attention to me before beginning to speak.

"Sir, Amycus Carrow in Defence Against the Dark Arts gave me a detention for seating next to Dean Thomas. He's trying to segregate the houses and the purity blood too. Not only that but he called me and my parents blood traitors. Oh, but at that point it only seemed like he wanted to move me because there was someone else in Slytherin with a Gryffindor and he didn't seem to care at all about that," He's fumbling around in the drawer of his desk, "Sir, are you listening to me at all?"

"The wizarding world is changing, Gold. Things are becoming much darker and much more dangerous," He drones as he pulls out an envelope from the drawer, "The mail is being monitored again but luckily for you, my mail is untouched," he walks back over to me and hands over the envelope which is blank on the front but sealed with a green 'M' on the back. "I'm not sure writing is going to be the best way to communicate for long, even if it goes through me first, so I can't guarantee anymore."

I nod before carefully unsealing the back of the envelope and sliding out the letter from inside.

Gold,
I'm so glad you're okay but you shouldn't have gone back this year. Things are getting more dangerous by the minute. The Carrows are evil, so whatever you do stay clear of them, respect them, I can't have you getting hurt.
I'm trying my hardest to get back to you but I'm stuck, I can't get to Hogwarts right now, I'm being watched and I'm not even supposed to be going outside the manor most of the time. Snape has told me that I probably won't be able to send any letters after this and that your letters won't get to me either. I mean, there are ways but they're dangerous, especially now.
So all I ask is that you be careful, stay safe and I shall be with you as soon as I can.
All my love x

"You will have to endure the pain tonight, Miss Gold. I'm sorry, but now you know," Snape turns away and walks back to his desk.

Pain? "Sir, what do you mean?"

He shakes his head, "Make sure you're at your detention tonight or it will get a lot worse. I believe you should be in Muggle Studies now, off you go."

I hesitate for a moment but decide against speaking again, instead I turn on my heel and tread out of the room. I'm not going to Muggle Studies, I don't think I want to meet the other Carrow right now, one was bad enough.
Instead I take a sit on a stone bench away from Snape's office and think. What pain would I possibly have to endure? How bad could the Carrows and Hogwarts itself be this year?