13- Through the Silence

There is silence, for months, so much silence. Everything is empty and eerie. The radios play nothing but the names of missing witches and wizards. Dean's name has been said multiple times, I've had a letter from his mother but I can't bring myself to answer her. I sit in my room most of every day waiting for something to happen, waiting for anything to happen. I've barely eaten, spoken to anyone, or done any studying. I've just been waiting.

There's a knock on my door and it slowly opens to reveal Ana, holding a plate of food. "Hey, thought you might be hungry." I watch her as she places it down on the table next to the old plate of food which I didn't eat. "I know what you're waiting for, Jasmine. And if you don't eat, when that day comes you won't be able to go back. You need your strength. So please, eat."

I nod and she leaves the room. She's right, she always is, I don't know why I don't listen to her more often. I go and pick up the plate before sitting back down with it on my bed. Nor sits hooting in his cage, he wants to be let out. So before I attempt to eat, I open his cage and the window and let him fly out.

I take a bite of the food and feel sick as soon as it hits my stomach, but I have to eat for strength.

***

I finish almost the whole plate but it takes me a while, by the time I'm finished Nor is back at the window with something in his beak. I jump over to the window to let him in and retrieve the thing from him. It's a letter. The front simply reads, "Gold". I recognize the handwriting instantly, the person I've been longing to hear from in so long. I rip it open to read what's inside.

Jasmine,
It's time. Everything we knew would happen is starting soon.
Hogwarts. The next couple of days.
I love you more than my life.
Draco x

I can't bear to think of the amount of trouble he'll be in for sending me this simple letter, but I'm so very grateful that he did. The time has now come, all this waiting has to lead to this moment and now it's upon us.

"Ana!" I call, running from my room, letter in hand. "Ana!"

"Jasmine! What's wrong?" She jumps up from her seat to meet me at the bottom of the staircase.

"It's time. It's happening now. Draco just sent me a letter. They're going to Hogwarts."

She takes the letter from my hand and reads over it. "Are you sure you want to do this? It'll be dangerous, Jasmine."

"Ana, I have to. You know I do."

She nods, "Just make sure you're careful. And let me know what's happening as soon as you can."

"I will. I love you, Ana."

"I love you too. Now, go and get ready. You're going back to Hogwarts."

---------------

Just a short chapter before the main event! The battle of Hogwarts is happening guys! Which means, Draco is finally coming back!