11 - Quick Introductions

We sit down at a table and he examines the room, "Everybody out!" He shouts and all the pub goers disperse, the other death eaters sit at the far end of the room. "Jasmine." He waits for a reply but I say nothing. "It's nice to finally meet you, but I didn't expect the first time to be like this, especially without Draco."

I nod in agreement; I wish he was here right now.

"He's at the manor; it's hard to get him out of there, especially after last year."

"Maybe he's not cut out to be a death eater," I snap.

"There's your voice, I was worried you didn't have one for a minute." He smiles, "Why would say that anyway?"

I shrug, "Well he doesn't seem happy, does he?"

"How would you know? You haven't seen him in such a long time."

I scoff, "I saw him when your death eater buddies forced him to torture me."

"Don't," He starts, "That had nothing to do with me. I would never force my son into hurting someone he loves, especially not you."

"Not me?"

He looks away, "He's told you how he feels. He doesn't talk about it much to me but Narcissa knows, he confines in her. She doesn't tell me much either, but I know enough."

I shake my head, confused, "What do you mean enough?"

He turns back to face me, "It means I want you at the manor, for him. He needs you there."

"The headquarters for Voldemort? Mr.Malfoy, I'm not going there, not now. I love Draco, I do. But I can't go there."

He nods, "Yes. I suppose you're right."

"I want to see him though."

"You will. Soon, but if you're not coming now, I have to leave. It was nice meeting you; I'll see you soon I'm sure." He stands up to leave, the other death eaters so the same.

"Mr.Malfoy!" I shout while he's approaching the door. I jump from my seat and go to him, "Give this to him. Draco. Please." I hand him the letter I had been keeping all this time, I know now for sure I want him to have it.

"Of course." He puts the letter in his pocket and turns back to the door and exits, along with the others.

***

I sit on a bench outside, the wind whipping me as I pull my scarf tighter around myself. What next? I'll have to return to Ana's soon. I came here in hopes I'd find Harry but knowing the death eaters were just here too, I have no hope of finding him now. There's so much I want to be doing, I want to help somehow but I know, for now, there's nothing I can do. I even have to wait for a reply from Draco, that letter I gave Mr.Malfoy- wait. Will he give the letter to Draco? What if he reads it and decides not to give it to him? Maybe what I wrote was too much after all; maybe it wasn't the right thing to do... It's too late now though, whatever happens.

I stare out into the distance, watching the world be encased by darkness before deciding it's time to head back to Ana's.