26. LATE TO THE PARTY

Around two years have passed since Tanya's and Dena's crusade sparked within the industrial city of Seretown, which led to positive results for them; as expected, more and more cities and rural areas succumbed to the people's anger and thirst for money and goods. The Ravens acted as triggers in dozens of populated locations following Chiselwall, within the country and little after an year, in other towns, the people rose up on their own, inspired or jealous on their fellow countrymen. Recently, people from other countries begun to stand against the authorities as-well, much to Tanya's joy. She hoped for these days to come since she was a young girl, way back in the past, and now... it finally happened.

Taking advantage of the situation and the fact that people started to carry on their work, the duo decided to focus on mastering their current powers and why not, learn new ones during this time. Their training sessions were focused, most of the time, on meditation, learning from the past actions that led to lack of concentration, poor decisions and various feelings which made them lose control, especially Tanya, when Entity made its appearance. She didn't want something like that to ever happen again, at all costs.

Several months passed by them, but felt like weeks; they couldn't believe it how involved they could become, within their own minds.

"Mistress, the human mind is truly amazing. The amount of things you can discover, just by mere focusing, with no distractions... I thought we crossed that bridge long ago."

Tanya got up from her meditating pose and replied.

"We did indeed, but our minds were constantly evolving with all the knowledge we mustered, so I guess that at some kind of interval, it becomes a necessity to sit down and properly analyze what you learned."

"Heh, you're right. After all those years within multiple bodies, then the events after our revival... guess we just forgot, or unconsciously let it slide, thinking that nothing can go wrong."

"Precisely. Although we didn't managed to grasp any new powers, my bet is that our old ones are better than ever now, as-well as our control over them."

"I still couldn't figure it out how did you learned Valleria's fire. Even with this training, I couldn't feel anything at all, but you can do it now like no problem."

"It wasn't easy... the first time I did it, nearly killed me, you remember that."

"C'mon, don't exaggerate, Tanya. You were dead tired, not dropped dead aha-ha." the apprentice laughed.

"Oh... your sense of humor sometimes is beyond me, I swear." Tanya put her palm upon her face. "Anyway, let's see how the liberation goes on today, hm?"

"Cool, I'll bring something to eat."

During their "vacation", they procured a spacious apartment, equipped with all the necessities, within a five star hotel. The current city they resided in was overwhelmed by the angry mobs and thus, no one questioned their self invitation in the expensive building. Food, drinks and other consumables could be snatched from any store or deposit without much of a effort... except a few encounters with random strangers who didn't liked to have competition. Unfortunately for them, the wrath of a hungry woman is not to be toyed with, most of the times.

Returning with the snacks, Dena heard something interesting from the news. It seemed that the authorities in many local cities and as-well from beyond the borders, gave up the fight and some of them even joined the people.

"Now this is true progress. When the "good" guys join your ranks, you know that you've won."

Although she seemed happy with the information, Tanya didn't seemed to fully enjoy the situation. Leaving the bowls on the nearby small table, Pinkie got close to her.