19. GONE MISSING

The next day came; Dena and Kyre got ready for the journey at the hospital, hoping that Valleria will be alright and ready to leave. The concern that they might be recognized went through their heads, but as the duo from a night before, they went with the backdoor plan.

After arriving at the hospital grounds, they noticed the police cars and an unusual commotion, even for a hospital.

"Fuck, do you think they already came to take her away?" Dena asked.

"I don't know. It looks like they're just asking left and right... we better get closer and try and see what this is about, before we rush in."

Kyre always acted with caution, unlike Dena, but this time, she agreed without questioning his advice.

"Fine, then I'll go and..."

"No. You were loud the last time we were taken in, so no doubt some of them will remember your face. Let me go and I'll blend in; I also have this hat and more or less, can mask my face."

"Pff... all that you're missing is a trench coat to go with that and you'll look like some certain turtles... totally unrecognizable ha-ha."

"The difference is that I'm not a mutant... Jesus, Dena, you really can't be serious for more than five minutes."

"Just go... so we can get Blondie out and get this over with."

Nodding, Kyre moved towards the entrance, where he was soon greeted by a police officer.

"I'm sorry sir, can we help you? Are you a patient or feeling ill?"

Damn it! He's already questioned... shit, I knew I should've gone! Dena panicked.

"No officer, I'm here for a visit."

"Then we can't let you go further. A kidnapping has occurred during the night and there's a full investigation inside, so please, return later."

"I didn't knew, my apologies. May I ask who was kidnapped? Like the color of the hair... I don't want it to be the very person I wanted to visit." Kyre put on a worried face.

"All I can say is that the person was blonde and had severe injuries... does it sound like your acquaintance?"

Kyre panicked on the inside... most likely it was Valleria. He needed to play it cool and not let the man standing in front of him notice his risen concern.

"No, I'm relieved that it wasn't the person I came here for. Thank you for the information, officer. Good luck on the investigation, have a good day."

"A good day to you too, sir."

Here he comes... with no one chasing after him, or throwing weird looks. It seems he's off the hook, but why didn't he get inside?

Reaching her, Kyre explained to Dena what he learned.

"What? By whom?" she almost chocked on the words.

"I don't know... if I asked more questions, he could've become suspicious. But I have an idea... we get inside the security room and play the footage from last night. Surely we can find something of value."

Dena raised an eyebrow and looked behind him, as she saw the news van that just arrived.

"What is it?" he asked.

"How about we watch the local news? Surely someone else watched that security footage and will most likely say to the camera who are the suspects."

"You know, this is amongst the few times you've chosen logic over action."

Walking a bit further, they entered a local bar which they saw it had the news channel tuned on. To their surprise, the faces shown for the suspects were none other than Blake's and Emma's friends, Sandra and Dave.