5. CRAZY?...

After approximately thirty tedious minutes of combined underground travel and walk, Blake reached his apartment. He was staying with rent in a decent central place, single room, big bathroom and an open kitchen; not too shabby and it suited his needs. The neighbors did not bother him and was a quiet place all in all, with the only bad thing being that the place was on ground level and random insects from the basement tended to make their way up the pipes inside the house.

He hoped that once the door was opened, a random human sized cake will wait in the hallway with a hot chick jumping out to him, but instead he was greeted by a familiar sound of crushed exoskeleton.

Sighting, Blake huffed in frustration. Oh for fuck's sake! Stepped on another damn roach... let's see now, was he black or red? Hmmm, yes, can't see a darn thing on dark. Might be a good idea to make some light... if I could find the switch... there it is. Switching on the hallway light, the now sober man looked under his shoe. Yep, black. At least he wasn't carrying any eggs this time. Fucking little shits... All the crappy stuff happened this night: random blackouts, trio of weirdos which follow you around and now this black six-legged fuckness... need to calm down. A cool shower and then I hit the sack.

After clearing the small mess and got undressed, the tired and upset Blake went into the shower. He set the water to being near cold, hoping that it will reinvigorate him and take away some of his problems, including the drunken haze.

Several minutes later, he was finished and looked upon himself in the mirror, while drying. Suddenly, a weird feeling grasped him; this time, it was familiar, like earlier that day. Blake focused and watched in the mirror as his vision slowly degraded.

"No! Not that blackout bullshit again... God damn it, never had I thought that I was low on vitamins or calcium."

"You keep talking to yourself like that and people will think you're indeed crazy." an echoing voice resonated within his mind.

He turned his head in a split second, looking behind, panicked that someone might have entered into his home without permission.

"What... the... fuck? This wasn't me doing a monologue... who's there? Show yourself!"

The barren hallway offered no answer. He tip toed to the room, only to find no one once again.

Then, the voice resumed. "I'm just a friend that's looking out for you. Hold on to your feet and allow me to apologize for the blackout business; I guess my presence is too much for your mind. I will try and make my appearances in a more discrete way next time, so that you're not affected as much."

Blake realized that the voice was not from within the house and returned to the bathroom, facing the mirror.

"Wait, wait, wait... next time? Who are you? What are you doing in my head? Must be my imagination... all the drinking, low on calcium... fuck... need to go to bed."

Slowly panicking, he couldn't believe what was happening and the voice was so clear, it was unreal.

"Calcium is not the issue here. You are!" After that, the weird voice didn't say another word; it went away as strangely as it appeared, together with the foggy vision and fainting feeling.

"Huh? What? Hello? Answer me god damn it! Who are you? "

No reply was given. That was the last straw for him. It was either sleep or search for weird ghosts. Great, now ghosts were a problem in his life as well. Talking ghosts none the less.

Weird frigging day... the weekend awaits me. I shouldn't worry myself with this kind of shit. But just in case...

Looking around the house one more time, he ensured that the door was locked and the windows were closed as well. Just for the heck of it, he also looked for other potential roaches that could have taken residence within his home, but much to his joy, the one that greeted him was alone.

Alright, all is locked, clean and whatever. Despite that weird conversation, everything is alright. There is no such thing as ghosts and spirits.

He calmed down after making the security checks and went to the kitchen where he drank a full bottle of water, hoping that it will help with the hangover. The young man then returned to the room and sat for a couple minutes on the side of his bed and attempted to speak to his visitor again.

"Hey, voice. Are you still there? Say something."

No reply was given.

Well, this settles the matter.

After that statement, Blake got up and closed the bathroom light and returned to the bed, where he fell like a rock and slept for the next ten hours, unturned.