Chapter 3

~edited~
__________________

---Sarah---

I couldn’t help but sigh as I arrived at the Head Captain's office at 6am. 

I mean come on! I thought with a tsk. Getting up early is hell! But it is for the Captain’s test, so I guess I can't argue.

I just sighed before I knocked on the door.

“Come in,” I heard his deep voice answer.

I sighed before turning the door handle before pushing the door open and walking through only to find not just the Head Captain but also Captain Komamura standing next to him. What's he doing here? I questioned with a confused expression.

“Good morning Head Captain, Captain Komamura,” I said nodding to both before shutting the door behind me.

“Morning Miss Saiako, because we haven't really time for you to take the full on test, we only wish to test your strength.” stated the Head Captain.

“So what will I be doing then?” I asked not really too fazed that they won’t be testing me on anything else.

“We trust your leadership skills to take care of a squad and organise things so I thought the best way to test your strength would be for you to fight another Captain.”

“That is why I'm here,” announced Komamura as he gave me a nod.

After a moment of processing it, I actually have to admit I am a little shocked. I mean sure let's just get straight to the point but... Well Captain Komamura has always seemed weak to me and I really don’t think I’m going to even need my bankai to defeat him.

“Okay,” I replied simply.

“Good. We will have to move outside of the seretei for this battle.” he stated as he started walking but I interrupted him.

“But Head Captain,” I interrupted as I stopped him from walking.

“What is it?” he asked, slight confused tone in his voice.

“To be honest, I don't think this battle will take that long... I think the training grounds will be fine.”

He widened his eyes slightly, a little shocked at my words.

“What do you mean 'won't take long'?” he asked now sounding a little annoyed.

“I don't mean any disrespect sir, but I know I can defeat Captain Komamura without any need for me to use my bankai.”

“What!? How dare yo-” Captain Komamura started but was stopped by the Head Captain.

“Very well.” he said as he held a hand up to Komamura but he sent me the slightest of glares. “We’ll use the squad one training grounds.

And with that, we left.

 ~

There were many members of squad one training, but the head captain told them it was their 'lucky day' because they got to watch this fight. Yet none of them knew who I was because well I’ve never been in a squad...

Once I left the academy, I went on that 10 year mission so no one really remembers or knows who I am. I think it was because of that fact that the members training thought I would get destroyed by the captain. Thanks to that they decided to pass a few rude comments, thinking I couldn’t hear.

“She thinks she can beat him without bankai?”

Who is she?”

“She looks weak.”