Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine.

“What are you doing here?” he growled at me. “Dom, grab her” he ordered to one of the guys and instantly my arm was grabbed. “Ow!” I yelled out.

Yup, this was a very bad idea, indeed. The helpless girl looked my way, her eyes pleading for me to help her. “Carter, what the hell are you doing?” I demanded. “What the hell am I doing? What the hell are you doing?” he growled back at me. “You two know each other?” one of the guys asked. “Sadly” I replied.

Both my arms were now being held behind me, against my will might I add! “So this is what you do in your spare time Carter? Rape innocent girls till you get what you want? You know, what I heard was true about you, you really don’t give a shit about anyone except yourself” I said, looking at him like he was a monster.

Carter looked shocked but I can’t say I was surprised, what I said was pretty harsh. “Tell him to let me go. Now” I ordered him. Carter gave him a slight nod and my hands were freed. As I turned to leave, I heard someone whisper “shit”.

I started to walk down the street to go home when I remembered, Ethan. “Shit” I said to myself. I ran towards the restaurant. As soon as I entered, I saw Ethan getting up from his seat. His eyes landed on me. He began to walk towards me.

“That was a long time to get air” was all he said. “Sorry, I saw a friend, I haven’t seen in a long time. We just talked for a while” he looked into my eyes, as if he was trying to figure out if I was lying. I hated lying to people. No matter what, I’ve always thought that people deserved to know the truth. But that isn’t the situation when it comes to Carter.

“Okay” Ethan smiled. “I’ll drop you off at home” he was about to loop his arm through mine when I suddenly jerked my arm away from him “Sorry” I replied, instantly. “It’s alright” he told me. He led the way out to his car. I couldn’t help but take a glance in to the alley way. Carter, his friends and the girl was gone. The girl! I forgot about the girl!

I wasn’t too sure if Carter would’ve let her go. But then again, now I wasn’t sure about anything when it came to Carter. Ethan held the car door open as I climbed in. “Thanks” Ethan got into the driver’s seat, I gave him my address and he started the car.

I turned to Ethan as he slowed down in front of my house. “Thanks for tonight. About 5 hours ago, I wouldn’t have thought I would have this much fun at my first party” I smiled at him as he chuckled. “Well that’s because 5 hours ago you didn’t know you were gonna meet me. Come on, I’ll walk you to the door”

“Oh no, you don’t have to, you’re probably so tired, I know I am” I said as I began to open the car door but as I turned around, Ethan was already standing in front of me. “Maddy, I’m trying to be a gentleman and you are so not helping” He smirked down at me. Oh, well that’s awkward. As we strolled up to the door, he added “By the way, I’m not tired; I’m used to going to theses type of parties” “Oh so you’re a party guy?” I asked. “You could say that” he grinned.

Now that we were at my door, I was starting to worry. What if he wanted to kiss me? What if he thought dinner was a date? I mean I know he said it wasn’t but I had always been confused when it came to boys. It was silent, no one said anything. Ethan was looking right into my eyes.

Suddenly he started bursting out laughing. And this is why boys confuse me, what was so funny? “Geez Madison, I’m not going to kiss you” he was still laughing at me. I could feel my cheeks heat up, thank god there wasn’t enough light to notice.

“Oh I knew that, now stop laughing at me” I replied as I looked down at the grass, which seemed like the most interesting thing in the world at this very moment. The blades of grass were all neatly cut.