Chapter Six

Chapter six

“Party rock is in the house tonight, everybody just haves a good time”

I stopped singing but not because I’m late for school or anything but because those were the only words I knew to the song. This was not a normal thing to do in the morning, for me being up and ready on time. It was now 7:30am usually at this time; I would’ve just gotten out of bed. But this morning I felt energetic and I was up at 6:30am. Let’s just say Damon wasn’t too happy about being woken up at that time with me singing the fun song (by SpongeBob, if you're wondering) what can I say... I'm a big SpongeBob fan. I had had a shower and was now changed into a black high waisted skirt and a light pink top which I had tucked into my skirt. I knew I would regret it but I was wearing 4 inch pink heels.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in" I called out while spread out on my bed checking my Facebook. My door opened and in walked my mother.

"Maddy, are you planning to go to school anytime soon?" she asked. What was she talking about? Of course I was going to school.

"Uh yeah" I answered, slightly confused.

"Well it's 7.50, so you might wanna leave" she laughed, oh I hope that meant she was joking.

"What!" I cried. I checked the time on my laptop and well, she was right. See, this is the problem with me. No matter how early I wake up, I always end up being late somehow.

"Hold up" I said, remembering something. "Where's Damon?"

"He left honey"

"Without me??" Some brother he was, just lovely. I jumped off my bed and headed downstairs with my mum right behind me. I reached the kitchen and grabbed my keys.

"Bye mom, see you later" I yelled while rushing out the door.

I got in my car and started speeding down the street. 10 minutes later, I arrived at school. I checked the time on the dashboard while getting out, it was 8.06am. I tried running to Science with my bag over my shoulder but let me tell you that was extremely hard to do in these heels. I gave up and started walking.

I knew where my science class was, because I actually paid attention yesterday, so there was no need to waste more time. It was silent except for the echo of my heels hitting the tiled floor. It was peaceful, I liked it. I reached my class and slowly opened the door, not wanting to face the stares I would be getting.

I stepped in.

“Nice of you to join us Miss Roberts” Mr. Kingston stated.

“Sorry” I muttered and looked up to see a seat next to Natasha; I made my way over and sat down.

“Hey” she whispered. I smiled back at her in return.

After two more classes, I was making my way to the cafeteria with Natasha, we arrived at our table. I got to admit I really enjoyed being around Natasha’s friends, I guess they were becoming my friends too now.

“Hey guys” we greeted them.

“Oh hi Madison” Hunter was the first to reply.

“Gee thanks for noticing me Hunter. Anyway guess what guys” Natasha squeaked.

“What” they all wondered.

“Maddy has a thing with Carter, as in Carter Wilson” Everyone’s mouths dropped including mine because trust me, I was pretty surprised.

“What?” I yelled.  “I do not!”

I glanced around the table at everyone’s expressions. Hunter was frowning, looking down. Wonder what his problem was…?