Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The rest of the day went by slowly, for every class I did the same introduction over and over again. So much that maybe the whole school knows me by now. Natasha and I were making our way to the cafeteria for lunch; once we got there we joined the end of the line.

I glanced around and my eyes just happened to land on Carter, when he looked up at me and smirked. My mind was telling me ‘jerk’ but my heart says there is so much for to that bad boy image. And me being curious wants to find out what’s really behind those amazing brown eyes, and the abs...Cannot forget about the abs. I laughed in my mind haha I can’t take my mind off those abs, man I’m weird.

Not realising that I’m still staring at Carter, Natasha snaps me out of my gaze.

“Maddy” she said in a serious tone.

“Huh?” I asked, finally looking at her.

“You’re falling for him-don’t “she had a tone that made her sound deadly.

"What? No I’m not, he’s a jerk” I moved forward in the line with Tasha right behind me. “And how would you know he’s a jerk?” Her eyes narrowed at me. Oops I guess I didn’t tell her about me and Carter’s run-in.

“well” I started. “This morning on my way to Chemistry, we bumped into each other. We had a...uhm...interesting conversation” I shrugged like it was no big deal.

“What do you mean by ‘interesting’? Well Madison?” she questioned, stomping her foot and waiting. I replayed the conversation between me and Carter to Natasha.

“So you told thee Carter Wilson that you don’t plan on getting to know him?” she was shocked. We were now making our way to a table of people, I’m guessing are Natasha’s friends.

“Yup” I said popping the ‘p’ “Wow” was all she said.

When we reached the table, once again everyone was staring at me. Natasha and I sat down when she finally spoke up.

“Okay guys, stop staring, you’re freaking her out” she snapped. They stopped staring, kind of.

“I’m Jonathan” said the guy opposite Tasha. He had light brown hair which fell in the way of his chocolate brown eyes.

“He’s gay” Natasha whispered in my ear.

“Tasha, you know you suck at whispering” he said stating the obvious.

“Yeah I figured” he’s laughed it off.

“So Jonathan is gay, that’s nice to know” I answered.

“This is the other guys, Kaden” she pointed to him. He had shiny blonde hair and incredible sky blue eyes.

“Hey” He murmured smoothly. I replied with a soft ‘hi’.

“And Hunter” she continued. This one had jet black hair, very different from the others and gentle brown eyes. He gave me a slight nod and a wink. Wait, a wink? Maybe his eye was twitching or something, I’m pretty sure he wasn’t winking at me.

“I’m Isabelle but call me Iz or Belle” “okay, cool” I shrugged. She was blonde and I thought she would’ve had blue eyes but they were midnight black which was usual in a blonde. She looked like she would always be hyped up.

“And last but definitely not least, I’m Brooke” she stuck her hand out and I shook it. “And now you’ve met the group” Natasha smiled at me warmly.

“Quick question” Hunter spoke up. “Who are you?” I couldn’t help but laugh at that. “I’m Madison, just moved here from California”

“ooh I’ve always wanted to go there, Florida is so boring.” Isabelle whined. We all laughed, except me because I didn’t know why they were laughing

“Belle, Florida isn’t boring, you just gotta get out of the house more” replied Jonathan, smiling. Right at that moment, the bell rang for last period, which was maths for me. Ugh, my worst subject.

“If only my mum would let me live as a normal teenage girl” she sighed rolling her eyes. “Iz, you’re dramatic, now let’s go” Natasha was dragging Isabelle to their next class while I was laughing at the two.

“Goodbye Madison, I shall see you tomorrow” yelled Izzy. I could tell that she would be the drama queen out of the group.

“Guys, what classes have you got?” I heard Hunter ask while we were walking away from our table. “

Art” “English”

“Maths” I was last to answer.

“Maths? Me too” Hunter sounded excited. “

Later guys” called Jonathan and Kaden. “

Bye” Hunter and I replied at the same time. We were now walking in complete silence between us. We stepped into the maths classroom and boy did I hate numbers.

 “Follow me” whispered Hunter. I did as I was told and followed him towards the empty seats at the back.  The teacher (Mr Morris, I think his name was) called attendance and started class. I slowly started to doze off until a note landed in front of me.

I turned to see who it was from and my eyes stopped on Hunter’s who was smiling. I unfolded the note.

‘Tell me about yourself, I know nothing’ I smiled a small smile and wrote back.

‘well what do you wanna know?’ the note, again landed in front of me. ‘

Who is Madison Roberts? The mysterious new girl?’ i looked up to see him staring straight at Mr Morris. But from the look in his eyes I could tell he was thinking hard about something and not paying attention to any maths being taught.

I picked up my magenta pen and let my hands do the writing. ‘She is just a girl, nothing special about her. She’s normal’ I don’t exactly know why I was writing about myself in a third person view but it felt better like I wasn’t me for this moment but instead someone else describing me.

What I wrote was true, I’m nothing special. I am just me, Madison, a typical American girl with a boring life. Wow I need more self esteem. The bell rang, signalling the end of school. I packed up my things ,turned around only to be stopped by Hunter. He stared at me like he was trying to figure me out. Well this was awkward... I gazed back into his gentle brown eyes.

He handed the note back to me and walked off. Hunter turned around and said “I’ll see you later, Maddy” he winked at me and continued to walk out of the class.

I looked down at the folded note in my hands, I opened it and read it

‘don’t believe that there isn’t something special about you because trust me, there is.’

I was shocked that, that had come from Hunter. I mean I know I just met the guy today but he doesn’t seem like the type to say something sweet to a girl he barely knows, or is he?  

“Miss Roberts, I’m sure students are usually allowed to leave after the bell has rang” Mr Morris spoke up which made me stop thinking. I glanced up and noticed it was only Mr Morris and I in the classroom.

“Right, I’m going to leave now” I replied and exited the room.