19. "well then why don't you kiss me now?"

"King Kim Taehyung of the Seo District Kingdom. I'm here to join the princess for dinner."The king says to the ginger haired butler standing at the door of the castle. He recognizes her from last time he was here.

Kang Seulgi.

"Yes! Of course, come right through!"The girls smiles, guiding the king to the dining hall, his loyal guard following him with wary eyes.

"The family will be here soon. Please, make yourself at home. We have a fire burning by those couches if you'd like to go warm up."She says before bowing and leaving.

The king hesitantly takes a seat on the couch near the fire, looking around the room with a judgmental look on his face. He motions for Jungkook to sit next to him, but the guard shakes his head in response.

"I have to stand. If i sit next to you, it'll look to casual." The guard says with a stern voice.

"I just want to feel comfortable. I want to leave." The King says, sighing.

"Likewise. But there's no turning back now."

"Thank you so much for joining me Jungkook. I would've felt extremely uncomfortable without you here."

"You're we-"

"Oh look! Mother, Father, King Kim Taehyung is here~ and he- oh."The smile falls off the Princesses face as she spots Jungkook standing next to the King.

"Good evening Princess. Your Majesties."The King bows to the family, Jungkook mirroring his movements.

"I see you brought a royal guard. You know our castle has high class protection. There's no need to bring you're own guard." Irene's father says blankly.

"Well, i trust captain Jeon with my life and if one person's going to protect me from the same people who killed my parents, it's him." Taehyung says with a sour smile on his face and Jungkook gulps down nervously.

"Alrighty then. Come through to the dining hall. Dinner will be served shortly. "The queen says, motioning for everyone to move to the dining hall.

Taehyung takes a seat next to princess Irene, the King and Queen sitting opposite them.

"Would you like a seat?" A servant asks Jungkook, to which her sternly shakes his head, standing behind Taehyung.

"So Irene has been telling us how close the two of you have gotten, even though you've only met a few times."The King says, trying to initiate a conversation.

"Oh yes, I've told my father everything about you. From you're gorgeous eyes, soft lips... it's a pity i haven't kissed your lips yet..." the princess says, pouting slightly as she tries to act cute, " well then why don't you kiss me now?"She says, her eyes sparkling.

Taehyung doesn't know what to do, but before he can act out, the princess places a small kiss on his lips, smiling as she pulls away and the king tenses up. In the corner of his eyes, he's sees Jungkook standing completely still, but he knows that inside, he's upset.

Taehyung tries to get his mind off Jungkook by smiling at the Princess, but he feels unwell again. Just like the last time he was here.

I don't think i can do this.

The food arrives shortly and the dig into their meal. Taehyung thanks the food for bringing silence over the table as they eat. He eats the delicious meal before sitting back with a full stomach.

Everything was going well.

For now.