18. "He just needs to realise that he doesn't always have to be strong."

"Is Captain Jeon here?" The king asks with impatience, dressed in his formal attire in front of the soldiers quarters.

"You're Majesty, why are you here at this time of the day dressed like that a-"

"Mr Shin, is Captain Jeon here?" Taehyung repeats himself, his voice stern.

"He's in his sleeping quarter You're Majesty. Would you like me to go fetch him for you?" The soldier asks, raising an eyebrow.

"It's fine, i know the way." The King says as he walks hastily past the soldier into the building, making his way down the hallways until he reaches the Captains room. He opens the door with no hesitation and is greeted by a shirtless Jungkook.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here? Who let you in? The front door is lo-"

"Would it be too much to ask for you to put your armour back on?" The King asks.

"Why?"

"I've been invited to a dinner with Princess Irene's family and i'm bringing you along with me. You're my personal royal guard, they shouldn't need to question it and neither should you." Taehyung says sternly.

"But why? Are you worried for your protection? I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine and i'm one hundred percent certain that princess Irene wants me to rot in a hole and die." The Captain says as he grabs his armour from his armour stand.

"I can't do this alone. I'm afraid they'll bring up marriage and i just need you to be there if something goes wrong. I don't love that woman, i love you and i'm afraid." The king says, his voice starting to tremble.

"Taehyung..."

"We're leaving i'm 20 minutes. Meet me at the castle gates." The King says, then leaves hastily through the door as tears start streaming down his eyes.

"What's wrong with him?" Wonho asks as he enters Jungkooks room after the King rushes past him for the second time that day.

"Nothing. He just needs to realise that he doesn't always have to be strong."

-
whelp festa happened and i couldn't watch any of it because i'm busy with mid-year finals and i've been studying all week 24/7

-whelp festa happened and i couldn't watch any of it because i'm busy with mid-year finals and i've been studying all week 24/7