06 | one moment

"Once you have feelings for someone, it will always be there. You may not like them anymore but you still care." - Unknown

***

                    I told myself a million times to stop caring about Jacob. To stop randomly checking up on his Facebook account every now and again. I told myself to stop drafting so many different texts that I know I will never actually end up sending. 

                   But during that moment when the earth beneath us shook for a short amount of time, I panicked. While we waited for all the aftershocks to finish, there was one thought that was lingering through my mind. 

                  I knew what I wanted to do. I knew that my weak resolve was going to give in and I was going to do it. I felt crazy because I was miles and miles away from him but he was the one on my mind until now. 

                 Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. My mind chanted over and over again like an endless mantra. But like a curse, I grabbed my phone and typed out the message and before I could really stop myself, I hit send. 

I hope you are safe.  

author's note:

and this is update number two of three! i know this part is quite short but the next part will explain it all. 

i am aiming to update more frequency and faster but i actually recently went out of the country and didn't have the time or the energy to update :( but this year i am hoping to finish this story once and for all. 

don't forget to vote, comment, and see you in the next chapter!

-eringirl123 <3