Scarlett

"its an Italian wine." He responds.

I look at the glass in my hand and then again to him and then repeat.
I did that at least three times. And finally managed to say.

"I don't drink." It was like embarrassing right now. He must be thinking what middle class girl I'm.

"I know that love." Raising my brow in question. "But for once try this one. I have specially ordered it, because i wanted you to try this."

I was so confused, what is he doing is beyond me. He knows that I don't drink, I hate alcohol and here he is wanting me to drink this wine.

"hey, just for once trust me and try this. I know you don't like this but just trust me please." Xavier's voice was so soft, it melt into my skin and encouraged me to drink.

With the final thought, I took the glass close to my lips and then again back it a little. Heaving a sigh, I put my lips to the rim of the glass and slowly took a smallest sip of the world.

It was.... Good? How's that even possible?

When I look up, he was starring at me with smile on lips and expectations in his eyes. He might have noticed the look in my eyes and his smile widened.

"isn't it good?" he asked with so much hope, that if it had taste like sand I would have said yes. But it's already good and it really tastes good.

"it's good. I didn't knew alcohol can taste like this too."

He lifts his glass and took sips and made appreciating sounds.

"Not all alcohol taste this good baby, you have to be very careful about choosing your drink."

"Ohhh" I said like the idiot that I am.

I drink some more of it and then put my glass down and cleared my throat, getting his attention. Understanding me he too put his glass down and gave me his full attention.

"I want.... Umm.. Wanted." I don't know if i should ask him, what if he took me wrong and didn't want to do anything with me.
My thoughts got interrupted when he took my hand in his and slowly starts to rub his thumb over the back of my hand. And what on earth happened to me, I relaxed and all the negativity went out, smile up at him.

"I want to ask you something." he stiffened for a second and then smile at me and nods to me to continue.
"I don't know what it is, but is there anything like that, that I should know about you?" he stilled like someone has just poured a bucket full of cold water on him.

"Xavier, I want to know whatever it is. You know that." he nods and straightened his posture, my hand still in his but it was not as warm as before. His hands become cold so I took his hand in both of mine and smile up at him.

He relaxed a little but not totally. For a second thought I thought that maybe it was not the right time to ask this, but the damage was already done and I wanted to clear those doubts that melissa has put in my head.

He open his mouth to answer but was disturb with his phone ringing, he apologized to me and took his phone out of his pocket to decline the call and place it at the table. Once again he tried to talk.

"Can I have your order sir?" came a voice which startled me, I didn't notice when the waitress came. She smiled apologetically at me and when I return my gaze to Xavier he was angry for being disturb for the second time.

"It's alright" I said softly to Xavier, he looks up at me and his eyes soften.
"Order for me?" I ask him making his face more brighter.

He didn't even take a look at the menu and ordered something Italian food for both of us. As he order I just stare at him, his features were so beautiful that he can easily be a model.

I am not going to let you guys hanging there. So I wrote it all over again. ❤️