Chapter Eight

My eyes open with smile, yesterday's event still very much evident on my mind.
The party, drinks, fun, dance and Xavier. I was happy last night, just as much as I was when my dad would come home with ice cream or when mom would bake cookies with me.

If he doesn't come in my life again, it won't change my memories. It was a night full of lights, full of laugh and smiles and beautiful memories. 

My body turned around, my hand reached at my dresser to pick the photo frame I have of my parents.
"I'm happy." that were the first words that came from my mouth.

"I don't know what is going on or what happened but still it was good you know." I mutter to them my fingers lightly brushed over my father's face.
"I wish you guys were here." My voice came out thick with emotions. "I love you guys."

I clutched the photo frame to my chest too emotional now to get up.
My phone beeped somewhere around my pillow. Groaning I open my eyes again, kissing my parents picture, I got up.

-----------------------------

When I came out of my bathroom freshly showered and groomed for the day. My phone beeped again when I pulled a top over my head.

I made my way over to my bed pulling my sheets back and fished out my phone.
A message from an unknown number is what I stared at. When I open it my heart missed a beat.

"Good morning I hope the you are still up for breakfast."

"Morning. Yes I'm." I replied and sat down on my bed in my top and panties, my hair still wet from the shower wrapped in a towel.
My new message came from him.

"So, you always woke at this time or is it just for a Sunday." he wrote, my eyes wide when I looked at clock it reads 10:00 AM.
"Chill I'm just kidding. So I'll pick you up in thirty minutes?" My phone beeped.

Shit thirty minutes I'm not even ready so I replied him and then hurry to my bathroom looking for a hair dryer.
When I was putting back my lip gloss there's a knock on my apartment door.

I looked at myself in my bathroom mirror the down at my top and jeans. I'm still contemplating about my clothes when there's another knock.

I made my way and after taking a deep breath to calm my heart I opened my door. There he stood in a suit matching his grey eyes, in his hand he is holding a single rose.

"Hii." I mutter when he looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Hey." his voice came just as smooth as silk, his right hand in his pant pocket the left still holding that rose. When his eyes followed my gaze he extend the flower at me. "This is for you. I.. Umm saw it on the way here so brought it." he said when my fingers smoother the petals of the rose.

"Come on in." I said making way for him and went to my kitchen filling a glass of water I put that rose in it.

"You decorate it?" He asked from the where he stood in my house, his eyes taking in my home.

"Yeah.... It's not like your mansion but that's this." I said moving back, shuffling my feet.

"It's beautiful you have decorated it so beautifully just like you."
My eyes went wide at his words, and I mutter a small thank you not even sure if he heard it or not.

"They are your parents?" he askes picking uo the same photo frame which I put on my bedside at night and in here when I wake up.
I nodded moving forward to him

"Yes it's the last photo I have of them. Before.... Before they died in a car accident." I said moving forward.

"You look so happy in this with them. Beautiful too." he said putting it back.
"So umm.. What about breakfast?" he asked me changing the topic and moving towards wherw I stood at my kitchen counter.

"We could go to umm.. Brunch." I said looking up at him. "Only if you like." I rushed out when he didn't said anything.

"Lead the way ma'am." he said smirking and moving towards me. He put his hand on my back pushing me towards the door.