Scarlett pov

We had lunch with mel and Daniel. The food was as always delicious, mel knows how to cook.

Xavier was silent all the time. Ok i got it he is silent all the time only speaks when necessary, but right now he was just nodding and then again off.

Taking his hand under the table to mine and place it in my lap. And finally he looks up at me. A small smile came to his face. He squeeze my hand and leans in to kiss my forehead and my eyes closes on their own accord. Relishing the warmth.

When i look up again everyone one was staring at me. Xavier was staring with adoration, Mel with confusion and Daniel with a smirk. I blushed hard and i know my face would be the color of tomato right now.

After having lunch we all came to the living room, and sat there to talk or whatever we have.
Xavier took my injured hand in his and the free one came to the small of my back. Staying there and gently rubbing it to relax me, i lean in Xavier pressing my side to his and his body slump to relax too.

"So, did you know what happened?" Mel asked me taking me and Xavier out of our own bubble.

"Huh?" i asked confused of what she is talking about?

"Your house Scarlett" she replied rolling her eyes.

"Oh" i didn't have answer for her, because even i don't have. Understanding my situation xavier chimes in to rescue me from her questions. Oh my knight in shining armor.

"That was an attack for simple robbery, they were robbers" he said with his voice as stern as his face.

"But it didn't-" mel was cut off by Daniel's hand on her own.

"That's really sad, Scar." Daniel said to me with a apologetic smile.

"Its fine"  i said and it's obvious to everyone, that it isn't.

"I have some work at office." Xavier said turning to me. " You stay here with Melissa and I'll pick you up at 5?" He ask me and i look up at mel.

"You alright with me staying?" I ask her.

"Did you hit your head somewhere or something?" She said faking her anger at me. "You know that this house is as yours as mine scar" she said softly.

"Thank you" i replied to her and turn to Xavier, ignoring her eye roll. "Alright I'll see you then" i replied to his previous question. Trying my best to not let him see how his mere absence is going to affect me. But by the look on his eyes, i know he got that.

"I'll be here in no time, you won't even realize that, love" he said softly.

"Okay" smiling at him.

Daniel said his goodbye to mel in all their glory and i made a mental note to ask her about everything later.

At door xavier turns to me, taking a hold of my hands in his. His thumbs rubbing my hand as softly as the look on his eyes. He leans in kissing my forhead gently, he lingered there for a moment and i was lost in the care, in the warmth he was sharing to me.
When he pulls back, his eyes staring in mine own and in that moment i don't know what came to me i just did that.
I stand on my tip toes and press my lips softly on his and just stayed there. My left hand placed firmly on his chest just where his heart is and the fast beating of it didn't got unnoticed.

When i pull back his eyes were glowing with bright. And he just started at me like still not believing what just happened. When i realize what happened, my eyes got wide. I flushed and hide my face in his chest earning a soft chuckle from him, which was the best sound i have heard.

"Dinner tonight?" He asked me still in same position. I pulled back and just nodded at him.

Reluctantly i pull my hand back and he smiles at me before turning towards his car. Daniel taking the steering and Xavier on passenger.
I turn around to make my way inside but stop the moment i saw mel. She was grinning ear to ear. That flushed me more as already iam.

"You, my friend has alot of explaining." She said pushing herself from her leaning position on the door. I passed her without saying anything and heard her lock the door and made her way to me.

We sat on the living room floor, relaxing. Mel had given me my favorite chocolate ice cream tub and had her own vanilla.

"So, tell me." She said breaking the silence between us. I looked up at her and turned to face her properly.

"What tell you?" I asked and she scoffed. "Wait wait" i put my tub aside and took her too, which she gave by so much struggle. "What's with Daniel?"
And i see Mel~for the first time in my life knowing her after 4 years~ blush.

"Did you just blushed?" And she blushed more and i curse myself for not having any camera or my phone to take a picture of her. 

"OH MY GOD" i exclaime loud enough to startle the neighbors. "Did Melissa james just blushed." I move forward to give her the bear hug.

"Okay, enough of my blushing. We were talking about you" she said taking her tub again.

"What about me? Not at all I am telling you anytime soon. First you start taking about Daniel and you." I said and took mine tub also.

She sighs dramatically. "I.....um...we are t-toghether." And hide her face in her hands.

I sequel and took her in my arms for the bone crushing hug.
"I am so so happy for you. Daniel is perfect for you." She hugs me back and when we pull away, I saw the bright glow on her face. "Wait a minute when did that happen?"
Her eyes widened for a minute and she turn around to skip, but i was fast enough to took her arms in mine and gave her glare to start talking.

"He confessed his fellings to me on the night when we went to meet Xavier. I didn't tell you then, because even i was confused and i needed time to think." And then i realize he had told me that he is going to do something big.

"Wow" just that came from me. And she relax with relief that I am not angry witn her for not telling me.

"Fine fine, enough of me. Now tell me about you and that smart ass of yours." She said.

"Mel" I gave her look and she put her hands in surrender. "So....we are still working and trying to understand our fellings." She scoff at me. "What?"

"Really? He didn't even have balls to propose you?" She said with disapproval in her eyes.

"Mel" I sigh taking her hands in mine. "It's still so early, we just met and you know that I don't want to rush."

"I know. But if you feel something than just say it scar. I don't want you to waste your time on him"

"Why you hate him so much?" I ask her getting irritated.

"You don't know who he is."

"I know enough to be with him mel" i reply softly to her. I don't want to shout or yell at her, she is onlty what i have.

"He is someone else Scarlett. The way he shows he is not that." She looks uncomfortable trying to get right words. "He is dangerous."