TAKE ME OR LEAVE ME

Start from the beginning

"They weren't British though." Grace stated and I thought for a moment, but then I thought of one. 

"Flora Sande." I replied and Grace shook her head.

"She was born here but she was enlisted by the Royal Serbian Army." Grace argued and I just sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"I am stuck." I sighed to myself and Grace just hugged onto me. "I need to break away from it all, maybe if I explain everything to Tommy he could help me." I explained and Grace shook her head through the whole thing.

"You know that's not a good idea. They will have our heads." Grace replied and I shook mine.

"Peaky Blinders will have mine, I will not mention you." I stated and Grace held onto my hands.

"Look, let's have a great night at the races and forget about everything. Think about it in the morning, okay?" Grace asked me and I nodded my head.

"Okay." I smiled at her as we walked over to the door. We made small talk as we stood outside our apartment waiting for Tommy. 

Eventually, he pulled up in his brand new car. Grace and I walked up to him.

"Is it just the three of us going to the races?" Grace asked as I got into the back of the car and she got into the front. I was getting really nervous, sweaty palms and everything. I don't know why.

"Something like that." Tommy replied as he drove off. I looked out of the window worried. 

___

"Are you sure we're allowed in here?" Grace asked him nervously as we walked through the back entrance. I had faith in Tommy that he would do the right thing and that his plan wouldn't fail. 

"Well, I prefer to come to the races the back way. It keeps me out of trouble. Tracks are lawless places. I can't stand petty criminals." Tommy answered as we pushed people out of the way. 

"Will we get to lay a bet?" I asked him a little intrigued, I would love to place a bet. 

"No - gambling is for mugs. You're lucky you're with me or you'd be wasting your money on fixed races." Tommy explained as he pushed people out of the way and guided us girls down the narrow corridors. 

"I always wondered, how do you fix a race?" Grace asked him all elegant.

"How should I know?" Tommy answered before he turned to face me. "OK, you do the talking." Tommy instructed as he looked at me. I was surprised and Grace sighed with relief. She sure didn't want to be in my situation. 

"What?" I practically shrieked as we walked down the busy corridor. 

"Tell security you are Lady Sarah Duggan." Tommy began to say and then people walked in front of us. "Excuse us, excuse us." Tommy said bluntly as we pushed past them. "Lady Sarah Duggan of Kensington. You got lost when you went to look for the boy riding your horse - Dandy Flower." Tommy made up and I looked nervous.  "If they ask about us, say we're Prussian and don't speak a word of English." Tommy explained and I stopped. I didn't think I could do it. "Come on, posh girl. Earn your three quid." Tommy smirked and I sighed as I walked in front of them. I placed on my white gloves doing so, it made me look more proper. 

"Good evening, I have seemed to have a bit of a predicament. My name is Lady Sarah Duggan of Kensington" I smiled at the bodyguards with the poshest accent I could put on. "I have this horse called Dandy Flower and this boy was riding it and for whatever reason he ended up here." I laughed as I readjusted my hat.