Chapter 23 - too cheesy

Start from the beginning

She loved the feeling, the feeling of pure nature. Unfortunately, Lucy couldn't enjoy it anymore. She was being lifted by Natsu. "W-what are you doing?" Lucy said, surprised.

"We are going to swim, I heard the sea is nice in the evening," Natsu said, an even glint in his eyes. Before she even could complain she was being thrown into the water.

Well, there goes her time getting ready for him.

She didn't shiver, like the time on the beach, it was warm like Natsu told. Natsu joined her and they would tease each other. Natsu made Lucy a little, well a little very mad.

Before that Natsu took Lucy underwater. She struggled, after a half minute Natsu let her breath. Now he was running, I mean swimming for his life.

Only Lucy has the advantage in this, she took lessons from Juvia. She caught Natsu easily.

She kicked him in the stomach and smacked him on the head. "Okay, sorry," Natsu apologized until Lucy hugged him.

"Idiot. Don't do that again," Lucy spoke in Natsu ears. That moment Natsu knew. She was the only one who he seemed to be the happiest with. It was her all along.

Some people might say it was just a beginner phase, or that you can't know. But he was sure.

He broke the hug and looked at her eyes, they were shining from the moonlight. Natsu looked at her chocolate brown eyes. She looked at him onyx eyes. That moment they leaned in.

They felt each other lips. They were kissing, slowly, scared to make a wrong move to. Slowly they began to get more comfortable and moved their lips swiftly. As if fate was cheering for them, fireflies flew above water, surrounding them. If Mira was there, she would surely faint within a second.

The broke the kiss, catching there breath. Natsu didn't take his eyes from the beautiful person before him.

"I think I like you," Lucy said, blushing madly but a big smile on her face.

That was it. The words Natsu wanted to hear. Knowing the person he likes likes him back... awesome.

This time Lucy's face faltered a little bit. He didn't respond back. Was this date just a thing to test if his feelings were real? And that they weren't?

But boy, she was wrong. Natsu picked her hands, causing Lucy to look at him.

"Lucy, I fucking adore you. You make me smile more, more than someone ever could. So I wanted to ask if you want to be my girlfriend," Natsu said, his breathing uneven.

Lucy's insides swelled, and her heart sped up. Wow.

She wanted him, she wanted to be his girl. This was the first time she confessed to a boy. It made her heart melt, knowing the person adores her.

And she knew, that soon she'll love him like that too.

Lucy want to speak back, but he cut her. "If you're gonna say no, I won't take that as an answer. You'll be my girlfriend, even if I have to force you," Natsu said. He sounded desperate, wanting Lucy so badly.

Lucy laughed at his manner of getting a girlfriend. "Of course silly, without the threat or whatever I would still say yes." Lucy said.

That was it, Natsu and Lucy were overwhelmed with happiness. They leaned in for a kiss again. This one was as good one as before, no, even better.

Natsu and Lucy went to home, well Natsu's home, Lucy decided she wanted to stay there for the night. His parents and little sister were already sleeping.

They sneaked in Natsu's bedroom. "Natsu, give me a shirt, would ya?" Lucy said.

Natsu smirked a little. "Why? You don't have to hide your body anymore. We are girlfriend and boyfriend," Natsu said.

Lucy face became red. "This is still new," she said. Natsu chuckled and picked a red shirt from his wardrobe. "Here," he said and threw it. Lucy caught it and thanked him.

They dived under the covers after brushing their teeth. "I still can't believe I have the prettiest girl as my girl," Natsu said. Lucy felt flattered about the compliment.

"Too fast?" he asked and laughed.

"Too cheesy," she responded, biting back a laugh.

He didn't expect a compliment back, he knew Lucy was shy about giving a compliment like that.

But this time, he was wrong. "Thanks anyway. I'm happy you are my boyfriend too, Natsu," she said. Lucy didn't say he was handsome or something along those lines. But Natsu was more and more pleased by hearing it coming from her mouth.

They drifted to dreamland, of course dreaming about each other. No one was going to stop there happiness at the moment, and nobody will in the future.

Who knew they would have feelings towards each other?

_____________________

This isn't the end by the way.

Also, don't expect real lemons, if you expected it. I just can't write that ^~^