Chapter Twenty-Five: Ticking Clocks

Start from the beginning

"Together." Joshua finished, wiggling his eye brows and looking it me seductively.

Pausing, I gave Joshua an equally seductive look in return, as if I was actually giving his proposition a thought. At least, I hoped I looked seductively and not like a twitching moron.

I noticed the exact moment that Joshua stopped playing around and actually began to believe that we were going to shower together. I used the opportunity to smack his arm with the dish towel in my hand, hitting him out of his thought process. The cloth snapped on his forearm, momentarily stunning him. Joshua gripped his arm like a little boy and started to yell in pain.

What a baby.

"Yeah, maybe after, we can have a quickie in the elevator!" I yelled with a huge fake grin slapped on my face. Joshua looked at me betrayed and continued to rub his arm soothingly.

"Could have just said no," He mumbled.

"Could have just kept his dirty propositions to himself, unless he wanted me to make him use the sink to shower." I mumbled, just as loudly.

Joshua raised his hands up in the air in surrender. I chuckled at the terrified look he had on his face. I didn't stare at him too long, working hard to rip my eyes off him so that we could get ready.

"Hey, who's Greta?" Joshua asked, perplexed. I turned towards him in question. How did he know about Greta?

"She's a friend. How do you know about her?" I questioned.

"Last night, you woke up for a little bit, before we went to sleep. You didn't want to ruin your dress, but couldn't get it off. You asked me to help you take Greta's dress off." Joshua explained, waiting for me to elaborate.

"I'll tell you about her later. Right now, we need to get on that damn jet!" I yelled, already leaving and pulling my tank off. I heard Joshua call my name to ask me if I was really going to make him use the sink. Shit, we really didn't have time to take two showers.

I called his name, yelling it loudly though the apartment.

"Fine, but you'll be looking in the opposite direction your boxer briefs are staying on!" I let him know, not bothering to explain the fact that I had officially agreed to showering together.

Joshua looked at me in shock, with a giant smirk on his face.

Thus, preceded the most nerve wrecking experience im my entire life. The whole thing was way too intimate for me to feel comfortable, even if Joshua looked like Buddha had just enlightened him and he was at peace. I kept accidently bumping into him, because the tub was way too small.  That, and I was pissed at the fact that I had ruined one of my favorite bras in the water.

"Excuse me, I'll just be-getting this thing..." I said awkwardly, as I shuffled though the small space, trying to grab hold of the shampoo. I reached blindly behind me, trying to locate the plastic bottle.

"Uh, Lilly, that's not the shampoo." Joshua said in a clenched tone. My eyes widened, thinking of where the hell my hand was placed. Was it weird that I thought it was squishy? Was I holding what I thought I was holding? Was that what it was supposed to feel like? Oh my gosh, was I really still holding on to it?

"Then, what is it?" My tone sounded just as panicked as I felt.

"You're holding a loofah." Joshua informed me. I could hear the smirk in his tone.

Asshole!

"Oh, good!" The relief escaped my lips and I heard Joshua laugh loudly. The sound vibrated though the tile walls, as my cheeks reddened.

"Jilly, you're taking up all of the hot water!" Joshua complained, but I could tell that he was still smiling.

I turned around to tell him off, and realized that I had broken one of my rules. Joshua had broken it a long time ago, because he was staring right at me when I turned. I looked up at the water that was dripping from his hair and became mesmerized.

I could feel him getting closer and closer. A huge panic surged through me and I quickly turned back around, muttering at him to do the same. I felt the moment when he finally complied and his eyes were no longer on my back.  That had been a close one.

The rest of the shower wasn't as bad, seeing as I couldn't embarrass myself anymore.

We quickly stepped out and dried off. I tripped into a pair of sweats and a hoodie, while Joshua put his dress shirt and pants back on in the other room.

Thankfully, the cab ride was short. Joshua and I sprinted though the automatic doors, looking around for a direction to go for. Neither of us had any luggage to lug around, seeing as we didn't have time to pack. I would focus on that problem later, at that moment I needed to make it onto that jet.

We frantically reached one of the people who worked at the airport. The woman was blonde and was clearly checking Joshua out when we reached her. She didn't even notice me, until I had to wave my arms in her face. She slowly composed herself long enough for me to question her.

"We were supposed to get on a jet to Spain. Has it left yet?" I couldn't help my tone from being snappy and my foot from tapping on the marble floors.

"I'm sorry, but that jet has just left." The woman claimed, not looking sorry at all.

Lanning was going to kill me! I ran my hands through my soaked hair, watching almost a gallon of water fall to the floor from it. Leaving my house with dripping hair in January had not been a hot idea. I could feel the beginning of cold creeping through me. Things were not looking good.

"We never did have that quickie in the elevator..." Joshua stared off into the distance, probably imagining the act. I slapped his arm distractedly.

"What now?" Joshua asked, staring at me wide eyed.

Good question, Lachowski.

 You guys were waiting for a "don't drop the soap" joke in there somewhere, huh? Just kidding! That willy joke from the last chapter was awkward enough XD Thank you guys so much for reading, commenting, and voting! Let me know what you thought of this chapter!?

Also, I've cast Martin Vance and Robert on the side. There's a picture of both of them to the right, as well. So that you guys can get an idea :3

Finally, I've started a new book that I'm pretty excited about. It's called Armistice and if you're looking for something to read, it would be amazing if you guys could check it out! :) Thanks so much!