"Go call him back up," J begins, "I'll cover for you, you guys need to talk this out."

And so I go, if Shawn and I don't talk it will just make things worse. J is always right.

Bring, bring, bring

"Hey, India are you okay?" Shawn says once he's picked up.

"Um yeah, I shouldn't really be talking right now but we need to. I don't want you to feel like I'm ignoring you because I'm not, it's just that with timezones we never really get to call each other and actually talk. We both hate it and I know that but we need to not let it get in our way. I love you."

"And I love you too. I'm sorry if I came of as rude or anything, I just really wanted to talk to you. Not being near you drives me crazy but I know we can still be okay without being physically together. We'll figure it out like I said before, we always do."

"I know we will, we're just adapting to this new situation and remember it's only been a month. We'll get better. We can arrange certain times to call and what not, it'll be fine. For sure."

"For sure babe." And I can hear the smile in his voice, we've not said it to each other in a while.

"Text me later and tell me how your day was okay? Need to make sure you're not getting in trouble."

"Me get in trouble? I think you're pointing fingers in the wrong direction India but I'll still text you, not that I wouldn't have anyway. Got to send my girl her 'goodnight' message."

"You do indeed Mendes." I sigh of happiness that we're okay, spinning around on my black computer chair.

"Bye buddie."

"Right back at you."

Right now I'm laying on my back, staring up at the white ceiling of my bedroom. I've just gotten back from college and I'm totally drained, there is honestly no energy left in my body, I'm surprised I can move.

Just as soon as I'm comfortable my phone rings. From the other side of the room in my bag. That means that I have to move. I don't want to move! God knows I'm going to shout at whoever is on the end of that phone call.

Sighing, I slowly but surely, roll off of the edge of my bed and crawl to where my phone is placed in my bag.

"Hello?" I question, not having looked at the caller ID.

"It's Jonah, how are you? Sorted everything out?" He asks.

Sighing once again, I walk back over to my bed and lie down before replying. I would snap at Jonah for calling once I was finally comfy but he's being caring and worrying about me so I can't.

"I'm fine, Shawn and I worked stuff out, he was just stressed out and what not.

Ring, ring, ring

"Hold on a sec Jonah, someone's calling me, let me check who it is." It's Shawn, Shawn's calling me.

"Let me guess it's Shawn," He says tauntingly, "Go answer lover boys call, I know you want to. I hope everything goes well for you two because I ship the both of you, and you know I only want the best for you."

"I know." I say smiling at the ceiling, "I'll see you tomorrow.

"Bye India."

"Bye Jonah." I say before switching from Jonah's call to Shawn's.

"Hey buddie, what's up?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice." What a romantic.

"You're to good to me you know that?" I question and he lets out a light laugh, "Sorry I don't pick up straight away, I was just talking to Jonah."

"Jonah?" And then there's silence, I don't like silence, "Is he the guy you told me about, the one on your snapchat story?" Is that jealousy I hear?

"Probably, and wait a second, he was on my snapchat story? When did he get ahold of my phone, I don't remember giving it to him." I'm going to have to talk to him about that later, the cheeky devil.

"Short curly auburn hair, freckles, and brown eyes?" Shawn questions, and that's him.

"That boy needs to stop stealing my phone. I don't get how he does it, my phone's there and then it's not and then it ends up back in my hands... Sorry I'm rambling, tell me about your day bud." I exasperate, letting out a giggle.

"You and your rambling, I can't get enough of it, of you. I miss you..." There's a hint of sadness in his voice that he lets out when he speaks and to tell you the truth it breaks me, more than I thought it would.

"I miss you too... more than you know." I respond, a smile gracing my face.

"Jonah's so lucky, he gets to see you everyday, make you smile everyday. While I'm thousands of miles away, just hoping to have the chance to see you and make you smile like I should be doing. I should be there, with you." And with that, I truly do break.

"Shawn..." Are the only words I can conjure up.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I'm making you feel guilty and I don't want you to feel that, you deserve the education that you want in order to pursue your dreams, I'm not going to stop you from that. I love you, I'm just being the jealous boyfriend.
Don't worry about me, I'm going to be okay, I just wish that my arms could be wrapped around you right now." Queue the tears.

"Shawn F*cking Peter Rual Mendes, now look what you've done, you've made me cry. I swear if my mascara starts running I'm going to catch the next flight to Toronto and beat your 6'2 lanky ass, do you understand me?" I say, knowing full well my mascara is already half way down my face.

"Well," He says, letting out his charming chuckle that only he can do, "I hope you are crying because I want your cute little ass back here in Toronto."

"I do have a cute ass don't I?" I say, making Shawn laugh. And he says that he 'can't deny what's true'.

Then I speak up again, "Don't worry bud, I'll see you soon. Don't think about us being apart, just think about us being together soon and the good times we will and have shared. For sure?"

"For sure." And I can hear the smile in his voice.

"I-" but before I can continue I let out a large yawn.

"India, go to bed. I know you're tired and your brother will kill me if I don't let his little sister get enough sleep. He'll blame me for the groggy monster he wakes up to in the morning, and I don't want to have to face his wrath." It's true, my brother is not a morning person.

"Fine, fine but don't forget I heard you call me a 'groggy monster' and I won't forget it." I tease.

"Fine my 'groggy monster', now go to bed and we will talk tomorrow. Night bud."

"Night bud."

Hope you enjoyed!

Be sure to like and comment!

Thank you, n :)