Living the reality

No, no, no. Vance needed to get back to where he belonged and that was not in front of my parents who by the way were smiling at him. My dad doesn't usually go around smiling at people. There was something terribly wrong going on here besides that fact that Vance was a character in my book.

Everyone was back, Synnara was gone as well. And the only one left out of his world was Vance. For some reason, he was stuck here and I knew it was somehow my fault. I must have written something wrong and now he is away from his home and his duty that he loves so much.

My parents were at ease after meeting Vance and seeing Sandra with us. It was funny though because Vance was a killer in my book and here he was gaining my parents' trust. I don't know if this was a good thing though, he was a killer he shouldn't give trustworthy vibes.

My brother, on the other hand, was quite the whole time and when I went to the kitchen to get my parents something to eat, he followed me.

"Why I have never heard of this guy?" He asked.

Because he was not real a while back.

"We just started dating." I lied obviously.

He didn't look convinced.

"I don't think he is the right guy for you." He frankly said and I had to smile.

He never thought any guy was right for me, he was a brother after all.

"Sure, till you find the right guy for me let me date this one." I humored him and he rolled his eyes.

As my family left after small talks and my mother entrusting me to Vance's care.

Sandra, me and Vance were left alone in the house.

"What just happened?" Sandra asked looking at Vance.

I saw various emotion flicker through his eyes.

"I don't know the portal just closed." He finally answered in a stiff tone.

"But that means that Queen Zelkha will still be alive and King is still in danger." I felt the reality of this hit me.

My whole planned failed and now everyone is back to being screwed.

"Now what?" Sandra asked and surprisingly even Vance looked at me for an opinion.

I wanted this to end but here I was back to where we started.

"We can't kill the Queen for now." Vance reminded me like I needed that painful reminder.

I felt hopeless at that moment and the burden of all those lives was on me. I can't even take care of my life properly. As Vance and Sandra looked at me for a solution.

"I want to end this story," I mumbled but apparently, they both heard me loud and clear.

And they both understood what I meant by that.

"So find a way to kill the Queen and give everyone a happy ending," Sandra suggested.

"For that Vance need to be in the book. And I will come up with some plan to kill the Queen." I said not sure I felt as confident as I said.

I felt nauseous instead.  All the adrenaline from the past days was washing away. 

"Julia, are you okay?" Sandra asked.

"I am fine," I said but for some reason, I felt dizzy.

And I saw Sandra's lips moving to try to tell me something but before that, I lost all the energy and my consciousness.