Scary Habit

It was hard explaining Jeremy that Vance was a method actor too indulged in his role of royal bodyguard

It was hard explaining Jeremy that Vance was a method actor too indulged in his role of royal bodyguard. But it was harder explaining Vance that Jeremy was not the King he was supposed to protect.

"First you look like Natalia and now this!" He looked frustrated obviously and so did I.

So what if his family was here too?  I needed to confirm this with Synnara before I share my idea with Vance.

"So what is he? Your beloved?" He asked in an agitated tone.

"Not a chance now," I mumbled.

"So you are interested in him." His eyes narrowed at me like he was coming to a conclusion.

"I don't know yet." I snapped slightly.

I hated people prying into my life even if it was my own protagonist.

He shook his head like he was disappointed in me for some reason like Jeremy was not the right choice or something.

"What should we do now?" Sandra was pacing in worry.

Even in this situation, she wanted me to go a date with Jeremy and I had to find a way to kindly refuse.

"Vance and I need to go Sandra. Even if Phantom Wolves have my family safe I need to check because this all still just a theory." I explained her.

"Take him along."

"No." Vance declared in a dangerous tone.

He was a secretive person and presence of too many humans was bothering.

"What?" Sandra was not the kind of person who takes no for an answer easily.

"I said no or do I need to threaten him a little." He challenged my best friend.

"Fine. But don't lay a finger on her." Sandra warned him

As he ignored her warning and walked out I asked her, "What was the warning about?"

"He is gorgeous, sexy and mysterious but he is a character from your book Jules and we need to keep him far away from you." Sandra and his care for my love life.

She is the one who saw me after the heartbreak so she knows how I am.

"You wait in the car. I should make some excuse to Jeremy."

"Yeah sure go and lie to him as well." He said in a rather hurting manner.

"Do you want me to invite him on our trip?" I was getting angry at his attitude.

He just ignored and went outside the room.

"Hi!" I greeted Jeremy with a sheepish smile.

"Looks like you are busy today." He understood that I was trying to blow him off.

"I promise we can meet as soon as I am done with this family problems." I lied just as Vance said.

Jeremy even knew I was lying but thankfully he just smiled.