Paying the price

Five minutes, Ten minutes, fifteen minutes passed and nothing happened. But neither did my story erased from the laptop so that means it was actually happening.

"What are you doing here with the laptop?" Vance's voice surprised me.

I was standing with the laptop in hand beside the swimming pool waiting for villains to drop from the sky.

"Just checking something." I tried to cover smoothly.

"Tell me something, is Cecile my love interest in your book." Of course, he suspected that much.

"Maybe." I tried avoiding the situation since he might just be telling you that his heart flutters around her.

"I can never fall in love, do you understand that." He said in a serious tone.

"Why? Everyone gets deceived in love. Why do you think I described to vividly in my book because I have been heartbroken but that doesn't mean I have closed my heart for love." I was more than necessary defensive.

He seemed a little surprised at my words.

"Not because of that. I am immortal, invincible being Julia, you made me that. Anyone I love will die and I have to live with that pain." 

It made sense and I give him a sheepish smile.

"No worries, I will keep you invincible to everything except old age. Don't worry I am learning tricks to be a better writer." I said proudly to which I saw his lips lift slightly.

The moment was destroyed when there was a loud splash in the water and what I wrote came to happen.

Queen and someone else was there dripping wet and cursing furiously.

~~~

Even though logically I would bring out Queen and her love interest or whatever he was without any powers on him but I couldn't do that. Synnara had her power here and there is no reason he couldn't have. The story would make no sense and I have learned that I can make words come to life if it made sense.

I can spin in the words but I still haven't learned that.

Apparently, I was not a prodigy at this.

"Why?" Vance was angry with me, again.

"Tell me a better way." I challenged him to come up with one.

He didn't have one so his focus shifted to Queen and Avon, her boy toy tied to the chair. Synnara bounded him with some kind of charm so for a while he can't perform any magic.

We finally knew the face of the infamous sorcerer or whatever he was now.

"Are you going to kill me now using your bitch?" Queen said not sounding royalty at all.