》Chapter Seventy

Start from the beginning

" I'm scared, Cole." He massages my hair, brushing his thumb against my cheekbone to calm me down.

" I am too." So I hold on to him the way he does to me.

" I'll take good care of you, okay?" I nod moving a little closer to him and before I know I fall asleep on the sound of his beating heart.

When I woke up, Cole is all over me using me like a pillow. I kick him off and rush to the bathroom because I need to pee. The cut on my thigh is almost invisible, which is unbelievable considering the amount of blood that got out of it yesterday. I clean it up a bit before taking a long shower and going to the kitchen to make pancakes. A small reward for Cole since he helped me last night.

" Morning." His short hair is curly on the front, making him look like a baby as he passes next to me and messes with my locks on his way to the fridge.

As we are playfully flipping the pancakes racing to see which one can do it better, the front door enlocks and my nightmare comes rushing inside. He doesn't even bother looking at me, he directly storms into my bedroom. Cole pushes me behind him and I grab hold of his arm.

" Time to pray, Jade." He murmurs and I do just that. There's a bit of noise coming from the other way of the hallway followed by some fast steps and a loud cough.

" I see you two found your reason again. I'm glad. There's a party tonight I need you two to attend , Cole. Make her dressing up to be noticed, understood? I'll send you a car at 9 pm."

Cole and I stare at each other bewildered and I just roll my eyes, already thinking of a way out once I'll be there.

Harry's pov.

" How do you know where is she? I tried to find that vans plate and nothing. They are ghosts. " She doesn't look like herself at the moment, her nails are either broken or ruined, her make up is all messed up.

" It's not important. You need to worry about Jade, not me." I growl and pass my hands through my hair.

" Can you at least tell me if she's okay?" Her lips stay sealed and I know for a fact she doesn't want to tell me anything because I might not like what she has to say.

"Tell me, I need to know."

" She was supposed to be handed to a family, I'm sure she's fine." I dig my nails into my jeans. Sure is not certain and fine is not good enough for me. I need answers.

" What do you mean 'handed'? And what type of family?" Karen bits her lower lip.

" Edward..." She tries to warn me but I feel my rage already building up.

"Karen. If you came her to screw me, it's not the best of times. I'm barely holding myself, Jade is everything to me and without her, I'm pretty much just anger trapped in a body so stop stalling."

" I am not. I just don't think you should know everything. I need you to stay calm and if I tell you all I know, you'll blow."

" I don't care." She puffs in exsaperation and raises her hands in surrender.

So she tells me about Jade, my sweet Jade, being held as a sex slave in an unknown place so far and alone, with nobody that can help her. She explains to me that a lot of rich families have a doll of their own, that probably even my father has or had more than one over the past years and that she was the one he bought for me. 

" How can I trust you after all these years? How can I know, you are not part of the plan?" Karen comes closer, her silhouette well hidden in her hideous clothes.

"Because I owe you this, because of my selfish mistakes that caused you such unnecessary pain." She seems honest, clear. Something I thought I'd never see in her.

I need to have a chat with that dick-head of my father. I just need to understand if I want to kill him before or after he spit out the truth.

" Where are you going?"

"To talk to my father." She becomes pale, rushing to lock the door behind her terrified.

" No you can't." I scoff and try to move past her but she is glued to the entrance.

" Get out of the way, Karen. I need to find her."

" And you will, but if you go ask him these questions he'll know I have spilled the beans and will make sure Jade is out of reach forever. This is how this organization works, they take down every possible treat, cutting to the core. That's why they have been in business for a long time. They have no middle ground; Edward believe me I've been in that world. Do you know how many girls have disappeared overnight? They are powerful and rich, some of them are chiefs of the police or senators or even bankers. We need to be smart if you want to save her and act fast before they understand where I am."

I cross my arms, seeing all red but manage to focus on Jade for the required amount of time.

" What do you suggest to do then?"

" We're going to sneak in a very private party tonight."