8

Payton's POV

"I-I want, I want you." Landon breathed. I was halfway through changing, wearing just a tank top and panties as he stared right into my eyes.

I felt my breath hitch, looking at him, I didn't even know what to say, as the space between our bodies suddenly closed, and I felt his lips crash with mine. Something electric happened. More electric than my kiss with Cam- more electric than landing a new trick I'd been trying to do for months. I felt the kiss heat up fast- but I couldn't stop, letting him pick me up and bring me to his bed. The bed we slept on together a hundred times as kids and even now.
I was so tiny underneath him, kissing and feeling him caress my butt and thighs.

My brain and heart were at war- I was dating Cam, this was so wrong. What the hell was happening? But it felt so right. Beyond right.

"we can't." He whispered, pulling away for a minute. I couldn't even nod, I was practically seeing stars and I was speechless.

"I know" I whispered after a second of processing what had just happened. All I could do was stare at him while my heart pounded.

"are you actually a virgin?" I felt the heat rise in my cheeks as he asked. I knew he would ask.

"yeah." I whispered.

He grinned looking away.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"It's cute." He said playfully. I crossed my arms.

"It's not cute." I looked away.

"Payton, I'm not taking Brit with me to LA." He said abruptly. I instantly turned back to face him.

"What do you mean?"

"She isn't good for me."

"Well yeah...you haven't been drinking have you?" I asked worriedly. My heart nearly beat out of my chest thinking about him drinking all day like he would. He was even coming to school hungover, with his flask always in his backpack. I cringed at the very thought. I'd pull the fuck up on Brit and beat her ass if she started to pull Landon into her shit again.

"No! Not a drop, but- I don't know. Shits been weird-  its senior year, and everything is changing. I've wanted it to change for as long as I could remember- thinking we were all destined for more- knowing we were. And now, seven months from summer and from leaving I can't- I can't waist my time with Brit when I should be with you guys. Making videos, skating, fucking shit up- all the best adventures." He breathed.

"What was that kiss for?" I asked, challenging him. I wanted the three of us to remain best friends if it was even humanly possible at this point.

"I wanted you. And I wanted to tell you that. And then Cam did. I shouldn't have done that. You're with him." He said softly.

I blinked, knowing that this was coming. It didn't hit me with surprise like it did when I was with Cam.

"You guys are both in love with me. This is great." I shivered, taking it all in. Thinking about my mom and everyone thinking I was either a lesbian or dating them. I internally cringed. We had been friends for so long that it felt nearly impossible to feel even remotely attracted to either one of them.

"What's great, is that, we're lucky to even know you. Forget how we feel. You have Cam. And I have the both of you as my best friends. Maybe I'm a third wheel no matter if I'm with Brit or not but, I'm not here to ruin anything. I shouldn't have kissed you I just- I wanted to tell you I wasn't really taking Brit. Because I don't actually fucking care about her like that anymore. I sorry though I-"

He desperately tried to save it, and I cut him off by kissing him again, full of confusion but passion all at once. I felt him smile against my lips and pretty much laugh at me.

"you're a bad girl." he whispered, biting his lip while I looked into his stormy blue eyes.

"I just wanted to know what your lips tasted like one more time." I smirked playfully, hopping back up to put on my sweatpants. He play frowned as I punched him playfully, laying back down next to him. Somehow there was no tension and somehow it wasn't awkward that we had just made out twice.

"I'm glad you decided to come in." He whispered.

"Me too. Goodnight Lan." I whispered. All I could feel was guilt but also clarity- I knew why Landon was acting this way. And I knew that these next seven months were going to be insane and beautiful all at once. I was still getting to spend it with my best friends- even if we're were all grown up now, adults even. I still had the both of them in my life, and that meant more to me than romance, or anything really.

This was our last few months with Landon in this boring as shit town... I wanted to appreciate every moment. It wasn't going to be the same without him.