Horcrux.

T W E N T Y - O N E
Horcrux

The world around me seemed to blur together in a sort of distant haze. I was aware of my place in sitting at the Great Hall for breakfast, yet I couldn't tell you what it exactly it was Lavender was ranting to Walter and I about.

It was the fourteenth of June already, I wasn't sure where the time had gone. How could five months have passed so quick? O.W.L.s. were coming up within the next week or so and I was positive I was going to fail.

Lavender had recently told me that without passing O.W.L. exams you couldn't move up to sixth or seventh year. Now, if I had known that perhaps I would have actually studied, or tried to pass some classes.

My only option left was to cheat on the exams, as I could not get kicked out of Hogwarts in the middle of this task. That would just be embarrassing.

I was drawn away from my thoughts by the Headmaster roaring out a loud, "SILENCE!" He boomed, causing almost all students in the Great Hall to jump.

Casually, my eyes slid to Tom who despite the events of last night looked perfectly calm. The headmaster beginning to speak was what drew my attention back to him.

"I have called you all here this morning to announce that due to the heroic actions of one student in particular, Hogwarts school will not be closing." The students all cheered at once, especially the Slytherin house each of whom cast admiring glances at Tom.

With a smile the Headmaster continued, "I am pleased to say that the culprit has been caught and is to be punished appropriately." More cheers erupted, "All the students who have been petrified will be given the Mandrake Restorative Draught!" Everyone hollered in glee, happy cries coming from family and friends of the petrified.

Professor Dippet smiled, hie eyes wandering over to the Slytherin table boring directly into Tom Riddle, a proud gleam in his eye. "I am proud to announce that none of this would have been at all possible without the courageous actions of one young man sitting here today, I ask everyone to please stand and give Mister Tom Riddle your applause!" Every single person in the Great Hall except for me stood, giving a round of applause to Tom.

Tom smiled coolly, taking in the admiration around him. The Headmaster motioned him up causing Tom to stand and stride his way up to the very front. All the Professor's minus Dumbledore clapped loudly, beaming with pride for the young man.

Once he was stood next to Headmaster Dippet he shook his hand, the Headmaster looking to him as if he were his own son. With a large smile, he presented a large shimmery-gold trophy to the school.

"I, Headmaster Armando Dippet, give Tom Riddle this award for special services to the school. Tom was brave enough to track down the culprit himself, saving countless lives in the process." Dippet smiled a thousand-watt smile, patting Tom on the back in the process.

A roar of cheers louder than ever enveloped the room, thundering in an echo. Females swooned over him, and males looked to him admirably. I watched Tom look through the crowd seemingly trying to find something.

His eyes finally met my own, boring in with an expression as if waiting for me to fawn over him alike to all the others. However, my expression stayed neutral looking to him as if he were boring, something he obviously did not like by the way his eyes narrowed.