The Candy Shop of Horrors!

T E N
The Candy Shop of Horrors!

Hogsmeade; the quaint little village stationed right next to a world renowned wizarding school. Professor Dumbledore had luckily taken it upon himself to sign the release forms for myself to be allowed to join the little excursion.

Lavender Rowle also was signed off to go on these trips. The last member of our trio; Walter McQuillon had no such luck. Him being himself forgot to have his parents sign the form, and was not allowed to attend.

That didn't stop him though. Apparently, every time there was a trip both Lavender and him went through the one-eyed witch passage. A secret tunnel which lead to a small candy shop's cellar titled 'Honeydukes'. They had adopted me into their tradition of going through the tunnel, bringing me to where the three of us currently were.

Walking through the leaky tunnel, I sniffed the smell of mildew and rot. What the two forgot to mention was it was nearly an hour on foot to get there.

"Are we almost there?" I complained yet again, earning a tired sigh from both parties.

"Actually as it would seem; yes." Lavender answered with a smile seeing as we were coming up to the very end.

Walter motioned for us to be quiet, while he silently moved what I saw to be a floorboard out of place. He peeked out making sure the coast was clear.

 He peeked out making sure the coast was clear

"Okay, come on." Walter whispered moving the floor completely aside making room for the three of us to climb up.

Once we were up, Walter wasted no time in closing the passage back off—before the three of us casually slipped outside the cellar with the rest of the students.

I couldn't stop myself from grinning widely at the sweet shop which was unlike any other I had ever been too. That was saying something considering I had been to M&M world on multiple occasions.

There were shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable. Creamy chunks of nougat, shimmering pink squares of coconut ice, fat, honey-colored toffees; hundreds of different kinds of chocolate in neat rows; there was a large barrel of Every Flavor Beans, and another of Fizzing Whizzbees; along yet another wall were 'Special Effects' sweets: Drooble's Best Blowing Gum (which filled a room with bluebell-colored bubbles that refused to pop for days), the strange, splintery Toothflossing Stringmints, tiny black Pepper Imps ('breathe fire for your friends!'), Ice Mice ('hear your teeth chatter and squeak!'), peppermint creams shaped like toads ('hop realistically in the stomach!'), fragile sugar-spun quills and exploding bonbons.

My amazement soon swayed to shock. What kind of candy shop was this? The kind where little children come to die? I think I'll stick to my Americanized chocolate and boring hard candies. I wasn't going to take a chance with this supposed candy shop of horrors!