~Chapter 2~

This chapter is dedicated to @ReemRocks for the amazing banner she did for me! Thank you so much :D

"Richard P. Chandler recently arrived home to his condo on Madison Avenue from a business trip last night to find his home stripped of his valuables and private business files. Half of the business files were found delivered to a detective's office in soho. The other half can be found referenced in an article in today's Daily News, as the content shows millions of dollars stolen from the workers and funds of inTech inc, the company Chandler owns. Because of this astounding revelation, police have reason to believe this burglary is tied to three other robberies that occured to corrupt wealthy businessmen earlier this year--all of which resulted in their imprisonment--"

I grab the remote from Brielle's hand as she sits lazily on the sofa. "Hey, I was watching that!"

Squeezing myself beside her on the old grey sofa, I click to another news channel. "I'm tired of hearing about this robbery. It's not like we don't know who did it."

Brielle rolls her stunning azure eyes, shoving me with her shoulder. "But that's the cool part."

"Has anyone seen my cell phone?" asks a very frustrated Nacy as she walks into the living room. Her blonde hair is thrown into a professional bun, and she tilts her head as she places her stud earrings in. "Donde está mi telefono?" 

My head whips around at her sudden switch to Spanish. When Nacy reverts to speaking her first language it either means she's becoming very nervous or becoming very pissed. My guess is, right now, she's becoming the latter.

Brielle, too infatuated with the attractive weatherman, responds offhandedly. "Isn't it on the kitchen counter?" 

Nacy scurries over in her grey pencil skirt and lifts up the phone in relief. "Thank you." She then stops to glance over us. "Why are you guys acting like this is the weekend? You guys need to be going to school."

"We're waiting for Jun," I reply.

With a groan, Nacy peeks her head out of the kitchenette. "Jun hurry up, or you guys will be late for school!"

"Coming!" Just as Jun says this, she comes running out of her room. She looks a little frazzled and her almond eyes look beyond tired, but she'll get it together on the train ride like she usually does.

Despite what most people might read about popular girls, Jun isn't that. She's a dedicated athlete--her main sports being volleyball, track, and taekwondo. To add on to that, she doesn't dress preppy like most of the popular girls at our school; actually, she dresses more in between "hipster" and "tomboy", but somehow she still remains high in the social hierarchy that is high school. I suppose that actually has to be attributed to her personality. Friendly, outgoing, and very talkative, Jun is a natural socialite and entertainer. People are drawn to her like moths to a light bulb.

At Jun's arrival, I reluctantly get up, pulling a lazy Brielle off the sofa. Sliding on our backpacks and turning off the television, we hustle out of the door, followed by a rushing Nacy. "Come on guys. Pick up the pace before we miss the train."

We pick up our pace, following Nacy out of the building and toward the subway station. "Remember you guys, I want you straight home so we can finish things and still have enough to time to finish homework, okay?"

"Do we always have to give back?" asks Brielle. 

"It's only right for us to help out those who've actually been affected, you know?" I reply. Accepting my response as a good enough answer, Brielle nods. 

"Freak, my hair is such a mess," exclaims Jun, looking at herself in the front camera of her iPhone 4s.

"Maybe if you'd actually get up on time--" trails Brielle.