Chapter 14

One week later: Konoha Hospital

Naruto was staring up at the pristine ceiling. "What's the time?"

"Around 10, kit."

Naruto turned her head and saw her Bijū sitting outside her window. He had shrunken a little to fit into the courtyard and guess that she was on the top floor as his head poked through the window. Naruto frowned. "Why are you out of the seal?"

"My old man appeared when you passed out. Did a few things and here I am. I can return to the seal whenever and so far, your village has accepted me little by little. You've been out like a light for the past week and yes, everything was real and not a dream."

"Oh." Naruto muttered and looked to the ceiling. "What happened to Madara's body?"

"Your mother, father and Hashirama had him buried at the Valley of the End. You had everybody worried. I guess the emotional stress was too much, huh?"

Naruto snorted. "Ya think."

Kurama moved further into the window and licked Naruto's cheek to make her look at him. "How are you really, kit? About Madara and everything."

Naruto patted Kurama's snout as he replied. "I will admit it does hurt and a bit broken hearted. Otherwise I'm fine. Just really tired and whatnot. Just need some time to deal with this stuff." Gesturing to her head and heart as she sat up. Climbing out of the bed and got changed right before Kurama. It was nothing new and slipped on a white shirt and black shorts before pulling on her shoes and climbed onto the window as Kurama back up a bit. "You think Baa-chan will get mad if I leave?"

"Do you care?" Kurama snickered as he held out his hand for Naruto to stand on. Seeing her grin widely and licked her cheek again. "Where would my Kit like to go?"

Naruto hummed in thought as Kurama placed her on his head. "Do you mind if we see his grave? I would like to see him right now."

"Sure thing, Kit." Kurama grew to his original size and walked through Konoha with ease. Avoiding the houses and the people and walked over Konoha's grand walls and into the forestry. Nobody questioned him, unless it was Kushina or Mito and they were busy with official business. It didn't take long to make it to the Valley and lowered his head for Naruto to get off. They were on Madara's statue head. "Right there, Kit. Since he's not allowed to be buried in the village." Gesturing to the monument erected by the statue.

Naruto nodded and headed over to the grave. She didn't speak or cry. She simply stood before Madara's grave for a few minutes before she said to Kurama. "He wants me to be happy." Unconsciously moving a hand to play with the bracelet on her wrist. "What happens now?"

Kurama morphed into his human form and hugged Naruto from behind. "Who knows? All we can do is watch and see, but I told you once, it's possible to love two people at the same time. You loved this man and that water-boy. Once you came to terms with this, we were allowed to come home and end the war. You saved many lives and gave back the lives of those that died too early back to their loved ones. Madara not only wanted you to be happy, but to give his last redemption for all the pain his brother had caused in this world. He was a man that lived without regrets, Naruto. He had no regrets." Holding onto his Jinchuriki tighter as she finally released her tears. "Everything will get better. I swear it will, Naruto."

Naruto held onto Kurama's arms as the tears rolled down her cheeks. "Thanks, Kurama." Spending a few more minutes gazing at the grave and relived the memories of Madara in her head. He would always live on in her heart. Standing in utter silence for the past hour before Naruto felt the weight lift off her shoulders. "Hey. Let's walk home. I still want some fresh air."