Chapter 7

"Don't they seem a bit too excited for this, Hun?" Hashirama asked his wife as they both stood in an isolated training ground. Both gazing to the Nidaime and blonde Uzumaki who were staring each other down stubbornly. "They're both eager to beat one another into the ground. I'm surprised."

Mito giggled and linked her arm with her husband's arm. "Don't underestimate an Uzumaki's competitive nature, Love. Though this reminds me of all the times we used to spar before we got married."

Hashirama chuckled and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Ah, I remember. I was actually quite terrified of you when we first sparred, but I guess I fell in love with that side of you too."

Mito whacked Hashirama lightly with a small giggle. "Your sweet words have no effect, Shodai-sama." She teased and saw the challenging look in her husband's eyes. It seemed another spar was going to take place at a later time.

"I accept, Uzumaki-dono." He gave her a cheesy grin. How his wife ever put up with him, he would never know? Calling out to the two excited shinobi. "Rules are simple. No deadly jutsu and winner by knock-out, death blow or forfeit."

Naruto and Tobirama nodded. Naruto wearing the clothes Kurama insisted she wear. She wore a simple black singlet, black leather gloves with black shorts underneath a short grey apron skirt. Low-heel, low calf black boots with a sleek katana strapped diagonally to her back. Opting to tie her long hair into a high ponytail with her bangs framing her face. She was dead serious on winning. Ramen was no joking matter. Her style was based on speed, reflex and fast-paced movements like the wind. Heavy armour would only hinder her. There was no way she would dress like Tobirama in his blue armour. It was a good thing Kurama gave her a katana. It seemed Tobirama was a skilled swords user too. She loosened her shoulders as she slid into her own stance. She hid many things. Jiraiya said it was best to keep her abilities hidden and use them as several trump cards. She was ready to beat the Nidaime Hokage into the ground. She was going all out. Even when she returned to her time, she would go all out. No more hiding. Her fight with Nagato had taught her this.

Tobirama was at first confused at her choice in attire, but one look at the fox smirking next to Mito told him not to underestimate the blonde. He wasn't going to lose to the girl that caught his attention. His safety with his followers was at stake. This was a prime opportunity to get closer to Naruto and be safe at the same time. A win-win situation in his books.

Hashirama saw the two reach for the hilts of their respective katana with dead-seriousness in their eyes and nodded.

"A minute, Shodai." Kurama muttered and drew quick seals with his tail into the ground to protect them from the destruction he knew was coming. Erecting a barrier around the three of them as sat on his hind legs before he transformed into a human. His face was void of emotions. All three of them were looking forward to this fight. "Common, kit. No holding back now." He whispered.

The Shodai nodded when Mito confirmed the Fūinjutsu and called the match. "Begin."

Nothing happened at first, when suddenly a large gust of wind blew across the field as the two opponents were clashing with their blades in the middle of the field. Kurama smirked. Mito had saw what Naruto had did as Hashirama was surprised somebody was able to keep up with his brother's speed.

Naruto smirked as she spotted the shock in the Nidaime's eyes. "Weight seals. Had them on since I was 12 as a gift from my Jiji." She explained with them both leaping back and slid back into their respective stances.

Tobirama nodded. She was definitely fast. He wanted to see more of her swordsmanship though and dashed towards her. She was prepared for him as with every clash of their metal, sparks flew and air currents were sliced as the wind was pushed in another direction. Slicing up the field as they danced.