Naruto fell to her knees and wiped away the tears as she grabbed the bracelet and tied it on her wrist. Offering a small smile to the Uchiha before her. "You have my word I will stop you one day. I promise. I will stop you." When she saw Madara smile in relief she mirrored his gesture. "Thank you." clutching his gift close to her heart.

"Be happy, Naruto. Though tell me...if we met in better circumstances, would there be a chance...for us." Madara looked deep within Naruto's eyes and stood up by force. Closing his eyes as a tear slipped and joined the water in the river. "I see now. Farewell Naruto Uzumaki." Quickly rushing away from Konoha. Rushing away from Naruto. He couldn't allow the darkness to hurt her while he was still conscious. "Please, live a fulfilling life, Naruto." He whispered to the winds.

Naruto felt her heart throb painfully. "Why does everything hurt?" Feeling herself being embraced by a pair of strong and warm muscular arms. Leaning back into the warmth with a haggard breath. Clinging onto their arms as her vision grew misty. "I don't understand. I don't understand." She repeated.

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice." A deep yet soft voice wafted into her ear in understanding.

Naruto looked up with teary eyes. Barely seeing the warm and understanding chocolate orbs of the Shodai Hokage. "Hashirama...what are we going to do?"

Hashirama held onto Naruto tighter and looked to the bracelet Madara had given her. "I don't know, Naruto, but I have a feeling that only you will be able to stop our good friend."

"You can stop him too." Naruto whispered. "I know you can. You're his best friend."

Hashirama patted Naruto's head. He had watched the entire scene play out from the beginning. At first it was to follow Madara since he was in full battle gear, then he saw him wait at the river patiently for 15 minutes. That was when Naruto appeared. "No matter how hard we try, reality can be cruel to us." He looked down at the blonde that had calmed down and asked her. "I know this may be rude at this time, but I must ask. How do you feel about my little brother?"

"Tobirama makes me feel alive." Naruto whispered with Hashirama picking up a hint of affection in her tone. She was still gazing out to the river's flow. "I can't think properly with him around. I blush a lot and try hard to hide my stutter. My stomach is filled with butterflies and it confuses me at times. I feel hot all over, like a fire spreading inside. My heart beats really fast that it feels like it's going to explode whenever Tobirama is around. I've noticed that my eyes always follow Tobirama or seek Tobirama out in a crowd. I don't mind his bad qualities because his good ones shine through more. It makes me like Tobirama more." Hashirama saw the soft look on her face and was surprised by how powerful and raw the emotion was. It was pure. "I wouldn't mind waking up and Tobirama's face is the first thing I see, just as the last thing I want to look at before going to sleep. At times, I just want to touch him and just be near Tobirama. I don't want to see him in pain. I want to protect him with all I have even though he is a splendid shinobi. And sometimes..." Naruto looked up to Hashirama with a gentle smile that Mito would always grace him. "And sometimes when I look at Tobirama...I forget how to breathe..." Naruto giggled as she looked up to the night's sky. "It's weird right? The way I feel."

Hashirama chuckled a little and patted Naruto's head. "It may sound weird, Naruto, but it is natural. Don't be afraid to look deeper." He stood up and pulled Naruto up along with him. "Come. Let's get you home." Leading the tired blonde through the forest and looked back occasionally to see the sad look in her eyes. 'Madara, you idiot. You really have no class when it comes to women.' Hashirama mused and inwardly promised to help Naruto become happy again by stopping Madara somehow. This was his job as Hokage as well. The village was his top priority when it came to its overall safety. He reached over and ruffled her hair. Gaining a small giggle form the blonde and grinned. "Get some rest, Naruto." Dropping her off at the front door and leaned down to place a kiss on her cheek. "Believe in yourself." He whispered and quickly caught Naruto as she passed out. Picking her up bridal style and carried her through the front door. "Sorry for knocking her out. She would've had a tough time sleeping otherwise." Hashirama apologised as he saw Kurama sitting on the couch in only a pair of white loose pants.