Pneumonia

Snow's POV :

I woke up at night I knew immediately that something was wrong. Sweat covered my back, making my clothes sticky and disgusting. My head hurt badly and as soon as I realised that I was coughing my cuts up.

I slowly stood up, supporting on a wall, because I was still coughing and now I felt myself getting dizzy. I sat down quickly because it was clear that I'm not good enough to walk downstairs and call my boyfriend Louis.

I accidentally left my phone there last night when I was cuddling with Louis. He had a night shift in the hospital so he had to go. Yes, you heard right. He is a doctor in a local hospital and I absolutely hate his profession. When I was little, my doctor was mean, so I'm kind of scared of them. However, at the moment I feel so bad, that I just want him to take care of me.

I lay down once again, trying to fall asleep as it is only 3 am. Soon, exhaustion wins and sleep takes over my tired body.

Louis POV:

It's about 7 or 8 am when I finally get a chance to go home. It wasn't a bad night but it wasn't good also. We had mostly patients with serious injuries or sicknesses but there wasn't a lot of them. However, I'm still exhausted. Mostly because I stayed up all day with my beautiful girlfriend.

As soon as I open the front door, I try to be as quiet as possible. I know Snow is a light sleeper but she would be married with sleep if I wasn't her boyfriend. Seriously.

I walk up the stairs, hearing coughing at the same time. This puts an alarm in my head on and I know something is wrong.

I fast-walk into our bedroom, only to see my adorable girlfriend covered in blankets, shivering and coughing in her sleep.

"Snow, baby, wake up," I say, slowly shaking her.

Her eyes flutter open and she looks me with tired eyes.

"Are you okay? Wait, it's a stupid question. What hurts?" I ask and sit next to her, calmly brushing a few peace of hair away from her forehead.

"L'is" She only mumbles and stars coughing. I take a bottle of water from my nightstand and put it on her lips, so she could drink some.

"Drink sweetie, it helps." She does it and keeps staring at me.

"Baby, I think I need to take you to hospital. Your breathing is bad and coughing also. Niall and other mates are there to comfort you as well. What do you think?"

At first, all I can see in her eyes is fear but after a minute she nods. Well, it was odd. She usually puts up a serious fight and refuses to go.

I smile slightly and pick her up. I don't bother changing her as it doesn't matter and just take her to my car.

While I drive, I notice her falling asleep so I call Niall to tell him that we are coming in.

"Hey, Niall."

"Hey, Louis. Why are you calling me? You should be sleeping."

"I got home only to find Snow not good at all. Her breath is ragged and she had really serious coughing fits at home. Also, she has a pretty bad fever. I bringing her in."

"Okay mate, I gonna get ready. It sounds like bad pneumonia. Your arrival time?"

"In 10 minutes." I say simply and glaze Snow for a moment, "Forget it, 6 minutes"

"Alright mate. We will be ready."

"Thank you," I say, put my phone away and speed to get to the hospital faster.

The reason why I wasn't driving slower was easy. Snow was literally heating up the whole car and it seemed like it's hard for her to breath.

I arrive in the hospital as I expected and luckily Niall was waiting with a gurney.

"I need oxygen on her as soon as possible," I say to Niall and Harry who are waiting for me to put Snow onto a gurney.

"Will do mate. I think you should stay back. You had a long night and she is in good hands." Zayn, one of my best mates, says and pushes my back slightly. I stay back even if I don't want to. I know it's the best thing.

I slump into waiting chair and accidentally fall asleep. I have no idea why didn't I do the same thing in my office on a couch...

---

"Mate. Mate, wake up." Someone says, shaking me at the same time.

I open my eyes slowly, slightly disoriented because of my tiredness. "What happened?" I ask when I can finally see Harry standing in front of me.

"She is okay. She just has pneumonia and had an asthma attack." He said.

"Wait. Snow doesn't have asthma..."

"She has. She just never told you. I called her mother and she told me that she had had it since she was 5 years old." He explains, pulling me up, "You can see her."

"Thank you."

"No problem, mate. We are always here for you." Harry says once again before pushing me inside of a hospital room.

Niall was standing beside her, telling jokes while he was inserting some kind of medicine into her IV. You can say that I was surprised that she even let to put IV in.

"Hey baby," I say quietly and Snow's face automatically lights up.

"LOUIS!" she yells and raises her hands towards me to give me a hug. I hug her softly, trying to avoid all the wires.

"How is she, Niall?"

"Will be okay. You just have to spend a few days in here. She had asthma attack caused by early staged pneumonia." Niall said and I relaxed by his words.

"Thank god." I just said and kissed my girlfriend's forehead. "You should get some sleep. I can see that you are tired, we will talk later." I say to Snow and watch her fall asleep, knowing that everything will be okay.