It's My Fight. ( Ghost's POV.)

Looking at Jason the urge to hit him made itself very known.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing Ghost."

"I was trying to protect you by leaving you there with Mason... Speaking of Mason where----"

"He is safe with Row."

"Well let's get this shit over so I can go home, to our home."

"Agreed."

Getting inside the war room of such, Rune gave us orders and we did what we were told. The bait ( me ) was to wait inside for the asshole to show up. I got into position and waited, Through the Bluetooth earbud I could hear Jason telling me to remain calm and everything would be okay. Jason alerted me when the cars pulled into the driveway. The moment that door opened it was going to be an all-out war in here.

"Ghost. In case just remember. I love you."

"Ditto."

The footfalls on the pathway seemed echo far more than I had ever thought was possible. For the first time since I was first trained my gun shook in my hands. The doors flew open and a tall man of Asian decent walked inside. From what my brother had told me, this was the man who killed our father. His best friend and original leader of the Mafia my brother now had.

"It's nice to meet face to face Rei. I wonder if you will make the same horrified noises your mother did when I cut her head clean off. Do you remember how her head rolled across the floor?"

Pointing my gun at him that's when the other men came around the corner.

"Now Ghost, Run."

Bullets rained from every doorway as I hid behind a flipped table. Now i could see why Jason said he was too old to be doing this, I felt like I had aged since Mason arrived. This was no longer my job, This was more like a complete nuisance. Firing my gun over the table I ducked back down and nearly shot Jason who had sneaked over to visit.

"Fancy meeting you here handsome," Jason said chuckling.

I glared at him returning more bullets. A bullet went throw the table right between our heads. This made us both stiffen. No more playing.

"Ohh I brought you something too."

"My big gun."

"Yes. The biggest one."

Quickly sighting in my gun I stuck it around the side of the table and took out a few henchmen. We had the upper hand here it seemed.

"Let us even this fight up a little bit."

Two henchmen pulled a very angry looking Row holding Mason around the corner. The rain of bullets stopped.

"Now let us make a trade. Row and the baby, for yourself Rei."

I didn't even have to think about this choice. Dropping my gun I stood up my hand in the air. Despite the words from Row about how he would get away and keep fighting. I had another gun and a few knives on me so I wasn't completely unarmed. At the same time, I was walking over Row managed to get away and all I heard was him shout.

"Weapons free."

Believe me when I hit the deck. The rain of lead suspended only moments later. Coughing could be caught which made took up from the floor. My fathers previously best friend had a bullet wound to the breast and was bleeding rather great. Drawing out my gun I wanted to present the final shot, Jason ran over his hand barely touching my backbone when the grenade touched the tip of my boot.

"RUN."

Jason and I turned and beat feet. Despite that, we both got hit with the detonation and flying house bits. Pain exploded over me. Jason was coughing alongside me. I felt light headed and that alarmed me. I didn't want to die. Clutching Jason's hand I held onto it. Terrified to let go.

White light flooded the room once the dust settled. Sounds seemed to dim into the background my ears still reverberating. This was the end I dreaded. At least if I departed, it was beside my best friend.