Choices ( Ghost's POV)

A month, that's how long had gone by since we had gotten little Mason. Slowly I found that I was wrapped around that little boy's finger. Mason kept me on my toes and I enjoyed having him around, Row also very much enjoyed him. Pam had called me a few days after we got Mason to give me a bunch of the things she had for him. Jason said he couldn't stand to be around when she showed up. I could understand that. As much as Jason bitched about having Mason around in the first few days, after a week he warmed up to Mason. They had passed out on the couch together a few times, I took photos. Strange enough it was like we were a family now.

Jason came back from Rune and Row's a sleeping Mason in his arms.

"Ghost, we need to talk about something. But after I put Mason down for a nap."

"Okay."

Hearing Jason walk up the stairs I wondered what he wanted to talk about. It was rare we talked about anything serious, like the vibe I had gotten after he had spoken. I looked at my hands that were in my lap there was marker on my fingers from this morning still. Jason came and sat down. He pulled me against him and kissed the top of my head.

"I love that darn little boy."

I smiled. I loved him too.

"That being said, I think if we are going to have him and start this family that we have become then I think we need to step out of the dangerous life we live. I have more than enough money to pay for things and Rune said he would more than pay for all of our bills for all of our work. I can stop the Mafia gig but do you think you can?"

"I mean yeah, how hard could it be right?"

Leaving the Mafia would be worth it for Mason.

* * * * * *

Jason and I agreed that he could still work as a cop and I would watch Mason and be a wife of sorts. With the plan set, Jason had put away all of our dangerous but fun toys. The only problem for me was my brother. I knew he wanted me to be the don once I was trained. I didn't want to but even more, now I didn't want to.

Jason had left to visit with Rune so I took this time to call Yuri. I still remembered everything Yuri had done for me.

"This is Yuri."

"Yuri it's Ghost."

"Evening Rei, What do you need."

" Tell my half-brother he can have the don position for permanent. I can't take it even if in the rare chance I want it. It's just not a job for me I couldn't take care of baby Mason."

"Baby Mason?"

"No, just forget I said that. So yeah. bye."

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Yuri for sure would say something about baby Mason. That was the last thing I needed. Leaving the phone on the table I walked away to check on Mason.

Halfway through feeding Mason, my phone rang. I didn't check the caller I just picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, little brother."

Ah fuck.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Watch that mouth Rei, lord knows you don't want your son to hear that, However, that's not my reason for calling. You and your lover, Jason need to find a new place to live. You can't just stay that close to the mafia, you both are wanted, people. I'm going to request that Rune send you to one of our families safe houses. It's safe and guarded."

"And if I refused?"

"Your new son may never grow up to know either of you."

Swallowing the lump in my throat I spoke deeply.

"What are you warning me of?"

"The Killer of our father is out to take another father away if you understand what I mean."

Mason needed me and Jason, I wouldn't let him end up without us.