Something familiar catches my eye and I duck behind a solid beam extending from the ceiling to the floor covered in mirrored tiles. I peek around it and see Tab straddled over Benedict at a booth, her dress hitched up nearly around her waist. Benedict is still wearing his mask but Tab seems to have lost hers. Her mouth is glued to his and his hands are all over her back. I cannot wait to see her face when she realizes who he is.

The need to pee hits me hard so I pry my creeper eyes away from my best friend and head to the bathroom.

After peeing, I'm at the sink, washing my hands and checking my hair when Kiersten walks in with another woman.

"Oh, hi, ...Danielle?" She stops and checks herself in the mirror, adjusting her mask and fixing her kitty ears, when really she should be pulling her dress down just a few inches.

"Daniella," I smile at her through the mirror.

"Right, right. Having fun?"

I wish Tab was here with me.

"I am, thanks. How about you?"

"Meh. Red Crane is so last year. I don't know why I bothered coming tonight." She picks at her curls and then turns to face me straight on. "Oh my god, what a gorgeous ring!" She grabs my left hand and pulls it up closer to examine it.

I feel a bit embarrassed simply because I'm sure my half carat diamond is a pebble compared to whatever she can afford. Don't get me wrong, I love my ring, I just don't want her to fake-like it. It's insulting.

"It's so cute," she turns to her friend and winks. Her friend smirks and begins to apply lipstick in the mirror.

"Erm, thanks." I pull my hand away and say my goodbyes. Kiersten can be heard laughing as the door shuts behind me.

I want to go back to the hotel now. I'm done having fun. I turn towards the booths hoping to grab Tab but she and Benedict are really enjoying each other. And if she learns later that I dragged her away from Benedict Cumberbatch, she will most likely throw me out a window. For now, I leave them be and head to the bar.

Michael is nursing a small glass of caramel colored liquor. He sees me approaching and grins. I grab his drink and toss it down my throat much to his surprise. And mine. It burns and I cough and grab my throat while he chortles.

"Fancy another?" He leans his elbow on the bar and looks down at me, amused.

"Fuck no. What was that?" I slam the glass down and gag.

"Irish whiskey. Are you okay?"

"Tab and Benedict are making out."

"Oh yeah? Good for him." He nods slightly with approval.

What he said surprises me. I would have thought he would be thinking 'good for her.'

"Yeah," I start, "so, I don't know if there's any way Smith could go ahead and take me back to the hotel and Tab can get a ride back later or -"

"Sure, let's go." He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close to him, guiding me back to the foyer room we first arrived in.

"No, no," I push away. "You don't need to come with to the hotel. I'm a big girl."

"Miss Shea, I'm simply going to accompany you to the car."

My cheeks burn. "Oh."

Michael pulls his smart phone out of his pocket and calls Smith.

"He'll be here in two minutes. Want to wait outside? Get some air?"

I nod and we step out into the alley and walk toward the sidewalk. It's quiet outside and there's a gentle breeze causing me to wrap my arms around myself.