Chapter Six

The rest of the evening at Red Crane is spent dancing with Michael, Tab, and Benedict. I keep Benedict's identity a secret from Tab. She's not known for being inconspicuous and I don't want to ruin the evening for our new friends.

Michael isn't as handsy as he was earlier, which is good, but I have to be honest; it hurts a little, like being rejected. But at least he's still keeping me company this evening. A few random guys have tried grinding against me but Michael stepped in each time and they immediately backed off. He might as well just pee on me to claim his so-called territory.

Benedict and Tab slip away from the crowd to get a drink from the bar and Michael hovers over me. I did mention how rummy my drink was, right? Did I also mention I'm a lightweight? It also doesn't help that I haven't had anything to eat since the flight. My head feels fuzzy and everything is sort of floating around, like how they do in 3D movies. I'm aware that probably doesn't make much sense, but trust me, that's the best way I can explain it.

I reach out to place a palm on Michael's chest as we dance, but he steps back, resisting my touch. I step toward him again to wrap my arms around his neck and he grabs my wrists and places them to my sides. He's making sure I feel like an ass for blatantly reminding him I'm married.

I push myself up on my toes and ask loudly so he can hear through the music, "Do you not want to dance anymore?"

He lowers his lips to my ear, and I swear the bastard grazes them on purpose, and whispers loudly, "I do. But you're married, as you're constantly reminding me. Wouldn't want to do anything you would consider to be immoral."

"Oh, for Pete's sake." I roll my eyes and turn away to look for Tab or a restroom. Anything to give me a bit of a break from Michael.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back to him, wrapping my hand around his neck and placing his own on the small of my back. The look on his face is extremely intimidating and arousing. He presses into me and we move together with the music and the rest of the crowd. My initial reaction is to push off of him but god, this feels wonderful. And it's just dancing, right? Nothing wrong with just dancing. Just extremely sexual dancing...

Whatever. It doesn't mean anything. We are just dancing.

I look away for a split second and see Kiersten watching us, her face green with envy. Like, pea soup green. She's mad. She's dancing with someone else but they don't even realize she's not paying any attention to them.

Michael gently cups my face and brings my eyes back to him. His hands glide down my neck, shoulders and arms. He grips my hips and spins me so my back is facing him. One hand rests on my stomach, pressing me against him and I can feel the scruff of his chin against the side of my neck. My heart is beating so fast and I feel like a million bucks. This guy knows how to move.

Curiosity is killing me so I steal another look in Kiersten's direction but I don't see her. The song changes, allowing me to break free of Michael for a moment. I excuse myself to find Tab and he motions that he'll be by the bar waiting.

I wish I had my phone so I can see what time it is and if Ted messaged me back, but it was left behind in my hotel room.

Ted...

I feel guilty all of a sudden. Fuck. I definitely should not be dancing with Michael. At least not like that. Ted would not be a happy camper if he suddenly showed up and saw me pressed against another man the way I was with Michael.

I push the guilt back and focus on finding Tab. I just want to check in with her and make sure she's doing okay. I don't see her near the bar or on the dance floor anymore. I finally see a sign for the restrooms past the dark booths where I'd seen couples making out like a bunch of horny teenagers earlier. I make my way towards them, thinking Tab may be in there. Also, I can finally pee.