Chapter Five

Michael sets me down on my feet gently and holds out the red pumps. He smirks at me holding the dress to my chest still.

I snatch the shoes from him and step into them. "You know, you could have just asked nicely."

Reaching back, I tie the halter straps and blatantly adjust my breasts in front of him before slipping into the car next to a wide-eyed Tabitha.

"Did you send him after me?" I ask her before Michael climbs in.

She shakes her head and giggles but I'm not sure I believe her.

Michael presses his body next to mine, buckles up and speaks to the driver. "Thank you for waiting Smith. You may drive now."

Smith puts the car in gear and Michael looks down at my lap.

"Your seatbelt, Miss Shea." He reaches over and pulls the belt across my chest before I slap his hand away.

"I can do it. And it's 'missus'," I remind him.

I look over at Tab with a 'is this guy for real' look and she smirks.

Michael clears his throat and holds out two black lacy masks. "These are for you ladies." He hands them to me and I pass one to Tab.

"Masks?" I look up at him and he gives me a sly smile.

"Very good, Miss Shea."

"But what for?"

"Every Friday at Red Crane is theme night. Tonight is 'Masquerade'." He brought up a white crackled mask and tied it around the back of his head before looking back at me. It was a half mask and very similar to The Phantom's from The Phantom of the Opera.

I cough and swallow hard, trying to compose myself.

Dammit, he looks amazing.

"Like it?" He asks, lowering his voice. It's almost like he's only talking to me and Tab doesn't exist anymore.

I swallow hard again and nod before looking away.

-----

Smith pulls up to the curb and I'm expecting a large crowd and muffled music escaping a gigantic building with strobe lights flashing like crazy. But there are zero people outside, no music and the only lights around are the street lamps.

Smith opens up Tab's door and Tab slinks her body out as best she can with her snug dress restricting her movements. I follow behind her, feeling Michael's eyes on my ass.

I help Tab with her mask and then she in turn helps me with mine. I have to admit, Tab looks fucking sexy already, but add the mask and the sense of mystery makes it hard to look away from her. I can only hope I look half as good as she does.

Michael stands between us and sticks his elbows out until we wrap our arms around his. I feel like he's our pimp or mack daddy. He leads us into an alleyway and I'm starting to feel a bit nervous. Why are we being so trusting with him? Just because he's famous?

Before I can object to going any further, I notice a faint red light coming from the brick wall of the building to our right. It's not a light, I see as we get closer. It's a red crane graffitied on the bricks and it's casting an eerie red glow. Michael turns us toward it and stands atop a thin raised metal platform on the ground.

I look up at Michael and wonder why we are looking at this simple graffiti of a glowing red crane. Are we supposed to be enthralled by it? I'm about to ask what the hell we're doing when the crane splits in half silently. My eyes widen as the wall before us slides open like the automatic sliding doors at a grocery store.