[☁️] After A Rainy Day {Todoroki Shouto x Reader}

3rd pov

A rainy day

On days like these everything can seem so miserable and sad.

"I'm on my way young master, for now find shelter" mr kang said on the other side of the phone.

"Right..." Todoroki said, umbrella in hand as a bus stop comes into view 'that should be able to shelter me until mr kang arrives...'

Todoroki crosses the street to get to the bus stop in a hurry and puts his umbrella away for the mean time, it seemed the rain was only getting heavier..

"thank goodness.. it wasn't ruined.." he mumbled to himself peering inside the bag he held

"Jeez what a jerk! Taking my umbrella in weather like this?!" A feminine voice growled as the sound of footsteps neared.

Todoroki looked to his side to see a h/c girl who's uniform was drenched from the rain.

The girl sighed once she reached the shelter and began drying herself off, from her expression, todoroki could tell that she clearly wasn't having a good day either.

for a while they stood in silence, it was awkward even though this girl was a stranger.

was he meant to start a conversation with her or...?

the girl was ridding of the water in her hair while mumbling words that Todoroki couldn't quite hear, from what he could tell, she was talking about some guy and how much of a jerk he was.

the girl stood up straight, a pout on her face as she let out a sigh.

"oh! sorry you had to put up with my rambling!!" the girl said as if just realising Todoroki was there.

" its fine, you seem mad so its understandable" he responded waving his hand slightly.

the girl let out a sigh "my ex-boyfriend dumped me on the way home and took off with my umbrella, honestly! he had a coat as well!! all I have is a jumper"

Todoroki acted without thinking and removed his coat, he walked over to the girl and put it on her shoulders "here, you might catch a cold if your not careful"

"what about you though?" the girl protested, "I have an umbrella and my ride is arriving soon anyway" he responded simply

'my heart is pounding! from his uniform I can tell he goes to one of those rich schools' the girl thought, her face heating herself up from the coldness.

" your face is red, do you have a fever?" Todoroki said placing a hand on the girls forehead, her head was burning up.

the girl backed up "No no! I'm fine I swear"

"hm if you say so..."

the girl peered at Todoroki's bag "whatcha got there? sorry if I seem nosy"

Todoroki hesitantly reached into the bag and pulled out a piece of paper with a painting of a colourful meadow full of beautiful flowers.

"wow!! that's beautiful!!" the girl gasped

"thank you..Though its not that good... it was for my up coming art exam.. I'm going to do something else however as this didn't turn out as I wanted it too"

"not that good? I insist that you give that in for your exam! I'm 100% sure that you'll pass! its amazing!" the girl insisted.

"you think? well...if you think so... then alright" Todoroki said quietly.

a car rounded the corner as he finished his sentence.

"it seems I must go now... what is your name?" Todoroki asked the girl

"oh! my name is L/n Y/n, yours?"

"Todoroki Shouto"

L/n gasped "as in the son of endeavour?!"

Todoroki nodded and L/n seemed to go in her thoughts for a second.

the car pulled up next to the bus stop and a man, Mr kang, walked out from the car "Todoroki I insist you stop flirting with this women, your father is furious that your late to the meeting, it is important as you know!"

Todoroki let out a sigh, he knew how important the meeting was but it didn't interest him.

he was to marry some women to join his fathers and the women's company's together, he never liked the idea of marrying someone he doesn't know let alone doing it for the sake of his father.

Todoroki turned to L/n "thank you for the talk, I hope we meet again" he says giving a smile as he gets into the car.

L/n was speechless as he drove off, she clung onto the coat he'd given her "I hope so too.."

weeks later

Todoroki handed in the painting L/n insisted he gave him

he passed

he was overjoyed.

that day L/n went back to the bus stop they'd met at

it was another gloomy day but not raining thankfully, L/n was curious as to whether Todoroki passed his exam, shed feel incredibly guilty if he didn't and it was her fault for telling him to use that painting and not restarting.

she was hoping she'd see him but as time past, she lost hope.

she turned to leave, a sigh left her lips.

"L/n!!"

L/n looked back at the bus stop to see Todoroki there, panting heavily.

"Todoroki!" she smiled running over, its weird, they'd only met once but over the last few weeks, he was all what was on her mind.

"how did the exam go? did you pass?" she questioned, eager to know whether her choice was a terrible mistake.

Todoroki smiled a little " I passed, its thanks to you for convincing me to use that painting, I am forever grateful"

L/n let out a sigh of relief as she sat down in the seat the bus stop provided "im glad, I was so worried you'd fail because I convinced you to use the painting"

Todoroki didn't know what it was about this girl but she gave of a bubbly vibe that made him want to smile.

he sat beside the girl.

for a while they sat in silence till Todoroki turned to the girl

"hey"

"hm?"

"wanna grab a coffee sometime?"

rain started pouring down as a smile spread across her face

"sure"