[😔] Hanahaki {Katsuki Bakugou x Reader}

Katsuki's pov

Hanahaki Disease
花吐き病
a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love

Who knew that someone like me would get a disease like this.

That I'd fall for someone but they possibly like someone else.

It hurt

The dryness of the petals in my throat

It burned

I have the hanahaki disease.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girl I like always hangs out with damn deku, they've always got along better, but I didnt realise how much it bothered me till I saw her hug him.

I just assumed she liked him and never bothered to ask, as if I did I'd probably get hurt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another day of school, I'd just been to the doctors yesterday, they asked if I wanted to get it removed but I didn't like the consequences so I denied their offer.

"Hey bakugou!" Kirishima said running up beside me, "Hey shitty hair..." I mumbled.

"What's up? You seem down, was it about the surgery?" Kirishima asked, he was the only one who knew about my disease.

"Yeah, I don't wanna go through with it, I don't want to forget her.." I clenched my fists, surely I could just bare the pain and maybe I'll move on.

"Dude I understand that but it's only gonna get worse from here, you might as well get it removed" Kirishima stated as we walked to our class.

"I know that it's gonna get worse! But I can't forget her Kirishima...." I said as I slided open the classroom door.

My face softened when I saw the h/c haired girl standing near the window talking to the other girls, her name was L/n Y/n and I loved her.........a lot...

She caught me staring at her and waved, a slight blush appeared on my cheeks as I hurried to my seat.

Since all this happened I was a lot calmer some said.
-------------------

Lessons were boring as usual so when lunch finally arrived I let out a sigh of relief, I grabbed my lunch and went upstairs, I didn't like eating with others really..

I watched the clouds slowly move across the sky, the view from here was beautiful, my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the doors opening.

"Oh hi bakugou!" A chirpy voice said

I recognised that voice to well, I swallowed down my food and slowly turned my head "o-oh Hey L/n" I mentally slapped myself for my stutter.

"I didn't know you sat up here?" She said sitting next to me, I felt my face heating up "uh yea... I always sit up here" I mumbled.

"Bakugou are you ok?! Your face is really red? Do you have a fever?" L/n asked noticing my blushing face, "no! I'm fine! It's just a little hot that's all!" I said making an excuse.

"Oh.. ok!" She smiled, we continued to talk for the rest of lunch, whenever she brought up deku I felt that dry feeling burning at the bottom of my throat.

"I-im Sorry L/n but I really need to go!!" I half yelled as I coughed letting a petal fall out, I ran off the roof and to the boys bathroom where I began furiously coughing saliva covered flowers.

Shame something so beautiful had to be stained with blood...

"Bakugou you in here?!" Kirishimas voice rung through the room, I continued coughing which seemed to answer his question.